Chenille Sensations/TLC Amore too

Julie

So my mother loves the shawl I made, and wants one for herself. She wants it from chenille, and I'm thinking the Lion Brand Chenille Sensations is the best bet. I'd rather use worsted weight for the shawl, I think it would look much better. (You can see a picture of it at my blog, here.) Has anyone actually seen this in a store? I know Joanns sells it online, but I don't remember seeing it at my Joanns, and it is too far for a quick trip to find out. How about Hobby Lobby? Also, someone mentioned new yarn at Joanns, including a chenille I think. Of those who have seen it, do you remember if there was worsted weight and a price? I know, asking a lot of questions. :))

Thanks Holly, I forgot about the Amore... off to check colors.

There are two big Wal-Marts within 20 miles of me, and I think I'm going tomorrow for dog food. I'll just bet I wander through the yarn department while I'm there. :fc Like I'm going to forget!! :bounce

Julie! I don't know why I didn't think of the Amore! I am currently working on (just one amongst a billion projects) a black wrap for myself - in the TLC Amore yarn!

I :)h the feel and weight of it. It's perfect!

Have fun shopping! :D!

Rebecca, I was hoping for the Chenille Sensations. Who wouldn't want a shawl out of that? I do! :thumbsup The TLC Amore is an acceptable substitution, much cheaper. I emailed Mom the link to the Coats & Clark page on it last night, and she said that would be fine. Thanks to becjac67, who was kind enough to take a picture for me this morning of the TLC Amore Plum Print that she bought yesterday, I think Mom will really be happy. It's just the colors she wanted. :)h I'm heading to Wal-Mart and Michaels today, just to see what I can see. Mom still has to make the final decision.

Archived