Round-Handled Purse

nucki

th_WoolSwapItems025-1.jpg th_WoolSwapItems022-1.jpg th_WoolSwapItems026.jpg

I made it for angieinCA as an "extra goodie" (as I like to call it :hook) for the Wild & Woolie swap. Obviously, I didn't want to spoil the surprise, so I've been holding on to the photos for a few weeks now.

It was made with chunky acrylic yarn and an h hook for the main body of the purse. I forget what the novelty yarn was called (and I've misplaced the yarn band), but originally, I was going to put it all down the purse. However, when I got to these 3 rows, I took a real good look at it and decided it looked perfect as it was, so I just left it at that.

It's lined with white satin. I had a fleeting notion of making a little cell phone pocket or something inside, but my sewing leaves MUCH to be desired, so I decided not to mess with it. I probably would have ended up having to throw it out if I'd tried! :lol

Oh hey, that turned out great! I like the novelty at the top like that,

gives it a little pizazz!

That's exactly what I was going for! :yes

I've noticed that sometimes people can go overboard with the novelty yarns, and I just wanted a "touch" of pizazz.

Thanks for all the nice comments, ladies. I'm seriously considering either putting the pattern up for sale on Etsy or offering it on my blog. Not sure yet. But with all the nice comments here, I'm leaning towards it.

Archived