Easter-y eggs!!!!!

I've been looking at patterns for eggs and thought I'd like to try one that starts at the pointy end so the knot can be hidden on the bottom... Here is what I came up with...

th_100_0437.jpg

click for larger image

th_100_0436.jpg

click for larger image

The pattern is fairly simple:

rnd 1:using a magic ring 4sc into ring. Do not join work in rounds using a marker in 1st or last st of the round.

Rnd 2: 2sc in each sc (8sc)

Rnd 3: sc in next sc 2 sc in next sc ~4x (12 sc)

Rnd 4: sc in next 3sc 2 sc in next sc ~3x (15 sc)

Rnd 5: sc in next 4sc 2 sc in next sc ~3x (18 sc)

work 7 rows even.

Rnd 13: sc in next 4 sc, sc dec over next 2 sc ~3x (15 sc)

Rnd 14: sc in next 3 sc, sc dec over next 2 sc ~3x (12 sc)

stuff firmly

Rnd 15 sc dec over next 2 sc ~6x (6sc) I added a small bag of “beans” at this point.

Rnd 16 Here's the tricky bit ;) insert hook into next st as if to sc, yo and draw up loop. Yo and draw through only the first loop on hook leaving 2 loops on hook. Repeat this around, about half way I slip all the loops onto a stitch holder and continue. On the last st draw through all the loops on hook ( if you used a stitch holder put them back on you r hook and draw through these too) finish with a sl stitch.

Clear as mud right???? Hope I've explained it adequately if not you could just keep dec until there were no stitches left but it might have a slightly pointier bottom than mine. BTW if any one knows how to do the actual imager let me know apparently I don't...:think Any way happy easter!!!

Awesome eggs.... to make the image come up click on the little mountain looking icon above where you post... then insert the URL from photobucket in the slot... good luck and thanks for sharing the pattern:)

• 1 year later...
Hi, I'm Italian and I don't understand what means "work 7 rows even".

Have I to do 7 rows with 18 single crochet? Or have I to do 7 rows like "RND 5" ??

Thanks a lot

Yes you work 7 rows with 18 single crochet. Hope that helps!

Archived