Is there a stitch or pattern that you just can't make?

I can't seem to make anything that has you crochet in the round- not joining at the end of each row, just crochet in a spiral. It really frustrates me that I can't seem to do this b/c there are patterns I would love to make but can't.

I can't crochet in the round either. It reduces me to tears when I have to do a ruffle border and constantly mess up the one corner. I've never seen a proper tutorial. They always point to one on here that I've looked at, but the yarn used in the pics is so fuzzy, I can't tell where the stitches are. I really want to learn it, though. :(

My problem spots are Solomon's knot, and the loop stitch.....many cute patterns I want to make with them, but I am still unable to do them!:( When i have free time I will go to Nexstitch or Annie's Attic and try to learn them....but right now with 4 projects in the works and many waiting for me to start.........well, I guess I'll get to them in my own sweet time!

The purl stitch is my hang up. :eek I think I'm doing it correctly, but I'm just not sure. I have watched the videos on Nexstitch, but being left-handed I'm having trouble reversing what I'm seeing. I'm determined to get this stitch sooner rather than later. Patience...got to have patience! :hook

Ripples really are easy, what do you have problems with? This is the pattern that I use and they come out perfect everytime:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/cp2.html

1st couple of rows come out ok then its starts getting longer on the ends and I swear I am following the pattern! Then I get mad!

NOW THAT REALLY HELPED! Looks like more work than I want to try right now though! :lol Thanks for the video! I don't have the patience to just go back through the hole and through the other and back and forth and pull through and all...Hmm....yeah....ok! THANKS:think

I was sooo going to try this pattern too but like you I got to reading the pattern and something just doesn't click with the cross stitches but I think this video would help: http://www.nexstitch.com/v_back_cross_stitch.html

I need help understanding with the rounds I guess. I use a safety pin to mark the beginning stitch but I think its wrong. Do you mark the first stitch of the round? I don't know, usually everytime I try it, usually for making baby hats, the hats never fold down right to make the hat shape, they look like rippled plates.

The bullion stitch is definitely a tough one. I can make them better on an aluminum Boye hook because it has a longer space between the hook and the flat part on the handle. Bates hooks tend to have a shorter space. It still frustrates me and I am tempted to pull out an afghan hook when I have to do a bullion stitch.

Sheryl

I cannot make decent looking picots. Whenever I see a pattern "picot heavy" I put it away. Mine especially look (I think) bad in thread. Maybe practice & patience is the key?

Archived