Making Stitchmarkers?

I would really love to know how. I don't want to make them to sell, but to exchange, give away, RAOK, use, ect. Just look at all of these gorgeous semi precious stone beads I have,,,

font]<a href=size]

Where could I find a good tutorial on this?

Oooh, what cool links!!!! :eek uh oh...I better not try this..I might get addicted......

Ok I have a question. How do you put these on a stitch to mark it? I feel really dum asking this, but I have never used stitch markers. I always just use a piece of yarn. I would like to see a pic of one of these marking a stitch :)

Well Rhionna looks like you have a lot of info there to get you busy!!!!

So for a crochet stitch marker (as opposed to a knitting marker which are usually split rings) you open the leverback earring or lobster clasp and put it around the stitch you are trying to mark. PM me your address and I will send you one.

I bought a variety of sizes of lobster claw clasps, strung some beads on some beading wire and attached the wire to the lobster claw clasp with 2 crimps. I don't have the strength in my wrist to wrap wire anymore, that is why I use beading wire.

:blush I cheat a little. If I'm in a hurry, I'll buy the beaded dangling charms at Hobby Lobby for about $1, then slide it onto a lobster clasp. Works great for thread or lightweight projects! Other times, I get the metal findings with the tip on the bottom that looks like a dressmaker's pin, find some beads/charms that i think will work, and attach it to the clasp of choice.

It always helps to have a pair of wire cutters and a pair of jewler's pliers.

Wht a great link, but those types of markers are better used for knitting. As dreams of Yarn said, a crab claw clasp works so much better when crocheting. Then you can remove it for the ghan you make. Solid rings as Micheal showed or split rings do not do well in crochet I have found.

I usually use old earrings. I found some earrings at WalMart last night that have a easy snap closure in the back which will prevent the marker from falling out of my work.

Archived