Sun hat

Hey everyone,

Remember last summer when everyone bought Jute to make those sandels in the Interweave crochet. Well I never got around to making mine. I decided I wanted to try something different with jute and this is what I came up.

hatfront.jpg

hatback.jpg

Let me know what you think. It's my own pattern and I have a link to it on my blog, http://www.redheadskydiver.blogspot.com

Christina

Wow:tup! Christina, your hat is wonderful:applause......I like it better than the sandals from last year:rofl! Thanks for the link to the pattern:hug !

Love your hat. Thanks a lot for sharing your pattern. How is it for keeping your head cool? Living in Florida, we have already had 88 degree temps. Fixing to get into the 40's for a few nights though. :hug:manyheart

I love the sun hat! Thanks for sharing the pattern. I wonder if the brim would *wave* if I used double strand of cotton? Jute may be too hard for my hands (I have chronic tendonitis).

Love your hat. Thanks a lot for sharing your pattern. How is it for keeping your head cool? Living in Florida, we have already had 88 degree temps. Fixing to get into the 40's for a few nights though. :hug:manyheart

I haven't had a chance to wear it out yet since it has gotten cooler here as well but with the ribbons/fabric weaved in it's really breathable yet still covers the head. I was more worried about sunburning while designing it.

I love the sun hat! Thanks for sharing the pattern. I wonder if the brim would *wave* if I used double strand of cotton? Jute may be too hard for my hands (I have chronic tendonitis).

I think you could get the same effect with cotton but I'm not sure if you would need to double or maybe triple strand it. I didn't do a guage swatch with the jute unfortunately but to give you an idea the brim is two rounds of dc's and is about 3" wide. You may have to do some adjusting to get the fit that you want.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Christina

Archived