comfortghan for wounded soldier/ cousin of ours

mythunderbird

...he is feeling some better and you know the military

well nuff said about that lol. i am a little suprised they are sending him back there with the injurys he has:eek:eek:think:think

I'm so surprised they're sending him back, too! Oh my! How rough that must be on Sherrie now after what happened. I'll still be keeping them in my prayers.

Vicki, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get any more squares made for you. I certainly would if I could and if that changes I will let you know.

:manyheart:hug

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats alright loopy, yes terry i got your awesome squares too, you all are wonderful. i am sorry terry i didn't know your crochetville name and posted it as, your real name, sorry hon, but yes i got them yesterday thank all of you soooo much its getting closer and closer to being enough squares, loopy dear please do NOt worry about making more i appreciate any that all of you have made. i might just make the ghans a bit smaller although i am on a roll got another 4 done today while waiting for the doc:D he thouight it was cool when i told him what we were doing:yes:yes:yes:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Of course it's cool! It's one of the coolest things I have ever heard of! All the giving and charity work that knitters and crocheters do is so wonderful!

Not only is it cool but it is so very heart warming as well, isn't it?

wanted to let everyone know i have started putting richards ghan together, since i am making them both one decided to make it a wee smaller than the 8 x 10 square now is 7x10 so not much different but it leaves me enough squares to make for sherries almost. i have 2 rows done already but took a small break as my elbows are giving me a spot of trouble:manyheart:manyheart

That's terrific news Vicki! (except your elbow). I'm so glad to hear you have enough to make them both ghans. I can NOT wait to see how they come out. How are you joining?

Joyce

hi joyce, i use a chaining methos, what i do it tie on at the end of one sq, then chain 4 and sc in the end of the other square, then back and forth till its done. i am so excited. talked to hubbys aunt tonight and she said he is really down, giving sherrie a really hard time and just in bad shape so am hurrying to get this done so maybe it will cheer him up. thanks for the sympathy on my elbow, it is aurther eye tis :lol:lol but i have a cream i rub on it and it helps alot. thankfully got some more coming. i get it from australia and its called voltarin works great :clap:clap:clap got squares today from glenda, and barbara, not sure ladies what your ville names are. but thanks soooooo much for the awesome squares. all of you are sooo awesome i wish i could give you all a big time squeeze, not to big though cause would squish ya all:eek:eek:devil:devil:lol:lol:lol

hi joyce, i use a chaining methos, what i do it tie on at the end of one sq, then chain 4 and sc in the end of the other square, then back and forth till its done. i am so excited. talked to hubbys aunt tonight and she said he is really down, giving sherrie a really hard time and just in bad shape so am hurrying to get this done so maybe it will cheer him up. thanks for the sympathy on my elbow, it is aurther eye tis :lol:lol but i have a cream i rub on it and it helps alot. thankfully got some more coming. i get it from australia and its called voltarin works great :clap:clap:clap got squares today from glenda, and barbara, not sure ladies what your ville names are. but thanks soooooo much for the awesome squares. all of you are sooo awesome i wish i could give you all a big time squeeze, not to big though cause would squish ya all:eek:eek:devil:devil:lol:lol:lol

Oh, Vicki, you crack me up. I understand the elbow pain. I'm so sorry to hear Richard is having a rough time, but I can only imagine what he's going through and that poor young woman who is going through it with him. Please, Please, Please, don't hesitate to ask if you need more squares, I PROMISE I won't send you one as wonky as the one in that last batch

Joyce

nikki, i did get yours on saturday and was going to post it and then found out about my uncle and that was implease forgive me for not saying so right away am on row 5 now of the ghan ya all i can't wait then on to sherries ghan:hug:hug:hug

i found out in the newspaper:angry:angry that he had passed away. he suffered from lung cancer and he finallyn just gave up stopped taking his meds and everything he was ready to go home and see jesus and aunt carol, sorry don't mean to sound like i am going nuts but i think i am:yes:yes:yes

and found out from my cousin her stepdad(my other uncle) is not doing well either. he has congestive heart failure and is carrying around about 20 pounds of water.:eek:eek:eek and found out tonight that hubbys uncle the one with steven johnsons disease, was in intensive care cause the morons taking care of hin back in michigan at the rehab center didn't have him on iv fluids and now he is in renal failure do to his kidneys not getting enough whatever they need to work cause he is dehydrated beyond belief. can i stop this world and get off and wait for the next round?:think:think:lol:lol:lol

Vicki, I know what you mean about wanting to get off the train of life and waiting for the next ride. Lots of hugs and prayers beings said for you and your family. Hang in there sweetie! :manyheart:hug :hug :hug :hug

wanted to give ya all a update on the ghans, richards has 3 more rows to go and then will do sherries. and ya know what/ i have the EXACT number of squares, how cool is that. i found out some more info yesterday, when the docs told richard his ankel wasn;t broken they were wrong, not only is it broken but its fractured in several places, he needs this ghan for sure and am so excited to have had soooo many awesome wonderful friends who helped me and you all know just who you are:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart i am hoping he will let me take pics but if he don't want to i will not push it. he may not want to have his pic on the internet:no:no but maybe he will not mind.;), either way i know he is going to be a happy young man.:hug:hug:hug:hug

well got some awesome news for ya all, i finished richards ghan just tonight well except for the border, tomorrow will do that then takea pic, also will get started on sherries so will soon havethem both done, wow i never realized how much work it is to do 8 in squares particulary as large a ghan as i wanted to make for them sheeesh will be so happy when this is done and then i can get a break from doing afghans :yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay tomorrow pixs for all to see of his, you all did such a wonderful job with the squares, i am sooooooo happy you guys rock:yes:yes:yes

i found out in the newspaper that he had passed away. he suffered from lung cancer and he finallyn just gave up stopped taking his meds and everything he was ready to go home and see jesus and aunt carol, sorry don't mean to sound like i am going nuts but i think i am

and found out from my cousin her stepdad(my other uncle) is not doing well either. he has congestive heart failure and is carrying around about 20 pounds of water. and found out tonight that hubbys uncle the one with steven johnsons disease, was in intensive care cause the morons taking care of hin back in michigan at the rehab center didn't have him on iv fluids and now he is in renal failure do to his kidneys not getting enough whatever they need to work cause he is dehydrated beyond belief. can i stop this world and get off and wait for the next round?

Vicki, I haven't been back to this thread for awhile and I'm so very sorry to hear about all this. Sweetheart, you are in my prayers and so is the rest of your family. It did make me smile when you said your uncle was ready to go home and see Jesus. Praise God! Is Aunt Carol the widow of the uncle who passed away? Will be praying for her, too.

Saying a prayer for you as you work on these afghans...I can imagine it's a lot of work! I've only ever put together one afghan. It was back in the 70s and wasn't very big.

Lots of Love to You!

jeannie thanks soo much for your kindness. aunt carol passed away 3 years ago and now they walk the streets of gold surrounded by the love of jesus and god, they are the lucky ones someday i will be as lucky when i go home to jesus too:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart life right now is just so stressful , my pain level is so bad i can't hardly deal with it at all let alone function on normal speed, in a way these ghans are helping me keep my sanity:lol:lol:lol:lol otherwise might be going slightly bonkers. thanks again sweetie i appreciate the kindness you send me when ever we chat and i thank you for praying for me i sure can use the prayers. god bless and keep you :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Isnt it great how corchet can be our therapy? i thought i was the only one who thought that but the more i read through the treads and some other sites it seems there are a bunch of us who use it to keep us sane!

• 2 weeks later...

update

only have 4 more rows to put together 28 more squares to sew together then add to the ghan then will be done. should be done by the weekend and hopefully early next week can give the kids these hug filled comfortghans:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart thank you all of you:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

update

only have 4 more rows to put together 28 more squares to sew together then add to the ghan then will be done. should be done by the weekend and hopefully early next week can give the kids these hug filled comfortghans:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart thank you all of you:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Oh Vicki, such great news. Can't wait to see pics of both :hug

Joyce

hey ya all update now, its a good one too i finished putting the squares together on both ghans and now only need to edge them and take pictures of course then wrap them all pretty with all the kindness that was shown these 2 kids and they will be delivered watch for pictures by monday or tuesday:yes :yes thanks sooo much to all who helped:hug :hug :hug

hey ya all update now, its a good one too i finished putting the squares together on both ghans and now only need to edge them and take pictures of course then wrap them all pretty with all the kindness that was shown these 2 kids and they will be delivered watch for pictures by monday or tuesday:yes :yes thanks sooo much to all who helped:hug :hug :hug

:jumpyay:woo Can't wait to see pics

Joyce

they turned out sooo pretty too all those bright colors you can just tell how much love and care went into these squares, if i know my cousins i better take a box of tissues with me, they are not going to believe it:cheer :cheer :cheer i can't wait thanks again everyone, without you all i could NEVER have done this, i would have made richard a ghan but would not be the masterpieces these both are. we are hoping he is not going to get sent back since he is still having alot of problems, he is homoe till jube at least, pray the army sees he isn't ready yet to go back there for 4 months. would have been 2 but they extended the tours thru september:no :no thanks again . without you all again would not have happened this way. its super duper, can't wait to finish them:yay :yay

• 3 weeks later...

today is the day:D:D i finally finished the ghans and the kids are both going to get theirs, i am so excited, thanks to all of you, you have no way of knowing how much this will mean to them and me, you guys are awesome:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Archived