comfortghan for wounded soldier/ cousin of ours

mythunderbird

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
charlene, i am sooooo sorry for your loss sweetie. i can not imagine how hard that must be for you. i would be honored to have your help, i will pm you with the info. please accept my deepest condolenses:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Thank you very much! 8 months has passed and it still seems like yesterday!

I would be honored to send a couple squares to you. Please send him our best wishes and let him know how much we appreciate his sacrifices. I'll be praying for him, his men, and thier families.

Kelly

sent you a pm, thanks soo much

I am willing to send out squares.... i will try to get them done before the weekend! need to look at the first post and see what size and color! Just looked at your post..... do you want us to edge them in white or will you do that?

Vicki, I just saw your thread and this square is almost finished. But if it isn't what you're looking for, then please don't be afraid to say so. It won't hurt my feelings and I will try to make it in other colors. Are multicolors okay with you?

th_BigRound.jpg

It's in Bernat Yellow and RH Monet. I can edge it with white sc if that's what you want but I believe it would look better edged in the multi, the yellow or even an off-white. Of course, you have the overall picture of what you want in mind and I want to make a square to fit into that picture. I'm afraid I don't have any Simply Soft and cannot get any at this time. I do have some "I Love This Yarn" that I haven't worked with before but it seems to be pretty soft.

So sorry for what this young man has had to endure, as well as his wife. How terrifying! Will hold all the family up in my prayers.

:manyheart:hug

loopy, that is beautiful, i know richard will love it, i would like it edged in white if possible since thats what i am using to put it together.kwools thanks sooo much , i know they will be perfect cause they are made with care,jmccrochet, beautiful squares thanks sooo much they will be perfect,scc51055, i need 8 in squares in bright colors edged in white, will pm you my address. i can not thank you enough all of you, you guys are the best. :hug:hug:hug:hug

any yarn that is washable is great, i know not everyone has the simply soft and and any worsted is just fine, i want bright colors as he needs cheering up, he is very depressed about not only his own injury but also the fact that he as the leader feels responsible that he lost a man, sooooo not his fault but he is determined that it is, so we have a long road ahead to be by him as he works this all out. i thank all of you who are helping in any way you can. it shows that crocheters and knitters are the most awesome people around. multi colors are just fine, please don't feel you have to go out and buy yarn for this anyone, i will take all of your work , in whatever color you make from the bottom of my heart i want to thank all of you who have sent or are sending squares as well as all who have said some prayers for him or thought good thoughts for him. you are all my heros for stepping up to the plate when needed and fast:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:hug:hug:hug

Vicki, I just saw your thread and this square is almost finished. But if it isn't what you're looking for, then please don't be afraid to say so. It won't hurt my feelings and I will try to make it in other colors. Are multicolors okay with you?

th_BigRound.jpg

It's in Bernat Yellow and RH Monet. I can edge it with white sc if that's what you want but I believe it would look better edged in the multi, the yellow or even an off-white. Of course, you have the overall picture of what you want in mind and I want to make a square to fit into that picture. I'm afraid I don't have any Simply Soft and cannot get any at this time. I do have some "I Love This Yarn" that I haven't worked with before but it seems to be pretty soft.

So sorry for what this young man has had to endure, as well as his wife. How terrifying! Will hold all the family up in my prayers.

:manyheart:hug

If you still need squares let me know I've got one I had started then I can maybe get a few more done by the weekend.

i sure can use some more, i need 80 total so whatever anyone can do is great. thank you all soo much will pm you my addy :hug:hug:hug

Vicki do you want any for the family as well? I know that they aren't the ones injured but they are in pain along with him and all of his trials he will have with upcoming surgeries and therapy? We have several friends who have seen this side of the coin so to speak and it takes its toll on everyone.

I will make a few squares for you as well. How soon are you looking to get this out to him/them? That way I can do several and mail together for you. :)

nikki, thats a really good idea, sure if anyone wants to make a couple extra i will put one together for his wife, they have only been married a few months and i know that this is really hard on her, ever since she was a little girl she always only wanted to be a wife and mommy. and now she is having a hard time too, if i don't get enough for one for her i will use what i do get if i have extras and make her a shawl for when she is sitting there waiting for his surgeries, he has already had 3 and has a long way to go, thanks for everyones help, thank you daisy and kathy, will watch for them also wanted to thank those who sent their squares already. i got ones from nana, salos and jmccrochet, thanks alll of you your wonderful i love them all they are beautiful thanks again my friends hugs

nikki, thats a really good idea, sure if anyone wants to make a couple extra i will put one together for his wife, they have only been married a few months and i know that this is really hard on her, ever since she was a little girl she always only wanted to be a wife and mommy. and now she is having a hard time too, if i don't get enough for one for her i will use what i do get if i have extras and make her a shawl for when she is sitting there waiting for his surgeries, he has already had 3 and has a long way to go, thanks for everyones help, thank you daisy and kathy, will watch for them also wanted to thank those who sent their squares already. i got ones from nana, salos and j mcrochet, thanks alll of you your wonderful i love them all they are beautiful thanks again my friends hugs

Vicki, I'm glad you got them OK. I'm more than willing to make additional ones for his wife. Colors, size the same, or different?

Joyce

any colors size same, would be great. i think that was a wonderful idea that was made by sfgwife, i wish i had thought of it :blush:blush brights is pretty easy to make but ya know any color is awesome, just something to show them we care. thanks again jmccrochet , greatly appreciated. and all of you the same thing :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

OK, I'm not gonna feel any pressure since his wife is stateside, but I will get you some squares for her. I have a ton of colors that I think would work just wanting to make sure I didn't get too crazy. And, of course, I always have white. I'm really honored to do this. We lost two soldiers from our area this week and it's just so sad. Do you have a deadline in mind, or is end of next week OK?

Thanks

Joyce

Archived