Tight Hooker Shows Her Cranium-hat

Misty.Creek

:D I thought that'd get your attention. I finally finished the Cranium hat pattern over at crochetme.com and thought I'd post the pictures. The first picture is using the exact yarn and hook size as listed in the pattern--it's on my son's head. Too small--wouldn't fit a 4-year old! The second attempt is with a size K hook; still too small but a bit bigger. Finally the 3 time I used a size M hook. It fit my head but was too short so I added more rows--3 more sc blo, 3 rows sc both loops and finally 2 rows sc blo to finish it off. It doesn't look that good on--I do not have a head that hats look good on. I've never been able to pull off wearing a hat without looking dorky. But I love this hat anyway! The Louisa Harding Fauve yarn is beautiful with a shiny thread through the center but I doubt I'll work with it again, it's so slippery and not able to be controlled enough for this OCD hooker. So I probably won't wear it in public but I love it anyway! Darn proud, esp after frogging it twice. I almost frogged it a third time to save the yarn but I don't know what else I'd do with it.

th_Version1.jpg

th_Version2.jpg

th_Version3.jpg

Now I've got 2+ balls of this stuff and don't know what to do with it. It'll be a stash builder for sure. :D

:lol :lol :lol I love your persistence! I used to be a tight hooker myself and still have to consciously relax my hand when I crochet. Your hat turned out nice and if that's you in that last photo, I think you look great in it!

lol the first one looks like a pimple on a pumpkin! At least you finally get there. I like the colour.

Archived