Nylon yarn?

LadyyOftheOak

Anyone used this? I've seen it mostly as macrame thread but was playing with some and it works up nice.. takes a bit to get used to tho.. (slippery lol) I actually made a little purse out of it that was a BIG hit at work.... I just wondered if this was a normally used thing?

I like it because it won't stretch with time.. so even the long shoulder strap I put on mine I don't have to worry about it geting longer and longer and l o n g e r over time :o

I made a purse for my daughter and it looks great! The only reason I don't like it is that for me personally, I like bigger purses and the type I used made the purse heavy-I need a light purse because it hurts my back and shoulders to have a lot of weight in my purse. I wish I could find a lighter nylon cord to crochet with because the finished product looks wonderful! And I agree about it not stretching. It is a bit hard to work with, but once you get the hang of it it goes faster.

I used some of the nylon stuff you get at home improvement stores. I made my dogs a twin leash thing so I can walk them on 1 leash. I just made a Y and connected it with hooks. I think it's nylon it's really slippery.

its not my first choice by far lol but it does work up real nice for purses.. i made a little one out of it and it's really neat... not too heavy.. i'm not sure I'd want to make a really big bag out of it, but this one is just the right size for me :) and I put a cellphone pocket inside :) or an evening purse, but now it's got me curious.. wondering if i can find some small satin cord or small velvet cord even.. something that would be crochetable (is that a word??) Lol

pursenylon.jpgpursenylon2.jpg

pursenylon-inside.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought some Patons Cha Cha, which is a nylon eyelash yarn. I love it. The knitters in the store all told me it was terrible to crochet with and it knitted up better. I crocheted it two yarns at a time in a sc pattern and am making a great looking scarf. I should have a picture on Friday. I used up the 2 skeins I bought and need 2 more to finish it and only have that in the budget by Friday. It was on sale at Michaels, which is a bonus.

Archived