Darn packaging glue

Stitchinpick

Have any of you experienced this? :irked I bought several skeins of yarn and when I got home happened to notice that the manufacturer's sleeve was glued incorrectly and had glued itself to the yarn! I returned them immediately and got my money back. Since then, I have tried to check that the sleeves "slide" around a little when I buy them (so I don't repeat that mistake).

Yesterday, while finishing a shawl out of LB Homespun, the last 1/3 of my yarn skein is ruined because it is glued to the sleeve! I had not caught it. I don't think I have enough for the fringe now. :mad I can't believe this.

Anyway, look out. Check your sleeves. 8o

Stitchinpick

stitchinpick, try contacting LB and see what they say.

I remember someone recently having a similar problem where the glue covered and ruined basically the entire skein. She contacted LB and they weren't that helpful, but maybe they've changed their tune.

I wish I could find a link to the person who posted about it before! I know I saw it here and in the livejournal crochet community.

Suffice it to say -- you're not the first I've seen complain about this. I haven't encountered it but I don't buy a lot of LB yarn.

-jess

It's happened to me several times, but then again I buy a lot of LB Homespun. Most of the time I didn't lose much, but once the glue was on the yarn so bad that I had no choice but to return it to Michaels. They are happy to refund as long as you have the receipt (and they do check the barcode number against the receipt so make sure you have the right one). I too learned to check those sleeves before buying the yarn, haven't had a problem since.

I once bought a bunch of Red Heart Baby Cloud yarn for a baby afghan I made. When I went fishing for the end to start one of my skeins, I discovered a big nasty hard lump inside instead. Apparently (and don't ask me how, I'm clueless!), the yarn actually melted in there! :eek2 Needless to say, back to the store that one went. Never saw anything like that before or since. :whew

Archived