Christmas CAL... anyone interested???

Mommy2Max

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'm in. We need a few small gifts for Chrimbo and there's one I've been asked to do by my SIL for my niece. I'll also be studying for exams at the beginning of December :book so I'm gonna need all the encouragement I can get for everything!!

Here's my list so far:

• Scarves for my friends (maybe MIL and Nan too???)
  • RR for my Mum - when she finally makes a decision what colours she wants :think (very likely she won't get this til after Chrimbo!!!!)
  • "Jennifers Ark" - my SIL has asked me if I could make little animals for my niece so I've been on a bit of an Ami pattern hunt and thought I could make her pairs so she can have her own Ark! So I told my SIL she should wait and see what Father Christmas brings:santa !! I might make her a Stocking to give her all the animals in.
  • I was also thinking about making Jennifer a super snuggly winter cardigan with matching hat etc.
  • Little mobile phone cozies/mini bags for the two little girls who live next door to my Dad. He's been unwell and they always call round to his to make sure he is OK. Oh - just realised there's another one a few doors down as well!! 3 of those then!

I've made a start on a scarf and hopefully the animals and phone cozies will be quite quick little projects - who knows I might get these and my exam done!?!?

YEAH!! Cooler weather! I can now work on my DH's graphgan while he's at work! I am almost done a floppy monkey for my DS. I just realised I do not have the right color for his face and the inside of his ears. So he has been put aside. I did one purse and am thinking of a different style same yarn and beads for the second. I nixed the idea of coin purses right now. I am going to make little dolls to put in the purses to give. Any ideas? I think the drawstring is alittle hard to open and close so for the little one I might want a large button closure (if any at all).

th_P1000149.jpg th_P1000148.jpg

I did one purse and am thinking of a different style same yarn and beads for the second. I nixed the idea of coin purses right now. I am going to make little dolls to put in the purses to give. Any ideas? I think the drawstring is alittle hard to open and close so for the little one I might want a large button closure (if any at all).

Try it with none first (you can always add a button and loop after). Sounds great.

I need to sit down and finalize my gift list today as I have so many things bouncing around my head.

I have finished all put one facecloth and the last one is nearly done.

Still to do - several FBB and maybe a few Fit-to-be-tied bags (both HH)

Cradle purse and doll for DD

Ami dog for SIL

Not sure if anything else.

I have been following this thread for a few weeks now and have no idea why I didn't join back then. But as of now you can count me in. I have cheated a little though, I already have some done.

I have slippers made for my kids, and sweater sets done for the girls. I am still looking for a good one for my boy yet. I will soon be starting my first graph afghan (John Deere) out of my own graph that I made. And I think for a smaller project I might try a Steelers one for my DH. So as of right now...I don't have that much to do.

I hope that it is ok that I am joining this late. Here are some pictures of the sweater sets. If you want to see my slippers look at the slippers under the tree post.

HPIM0808.JPG

HPIM0809.JPG

HPIM0810.JPG

Great sweater sets, your girls will look soooo cute! Boys stuff does seem to be harder to find - I'm glad I've got a niece!! Good luck with your pattern hunt.

You've done some really pretty things, you seem to be on the move!:cheer

I have been following this thread for a few weeks now and have no idea why I didn't join back then. But as of now you can count me in. I have cheated a little though, I already have some done.

I have slippers made for my kids, and sweater sets done for the girls. I am still looking for a good one for my boy yet. I will soon be starting my first graph afghan (John Deere) out of my own graph that I made. And I think for a smaller project I might try a Steelers one for my DH. So as of right now...I don't have that much to do.

I hope that it is ok that I am joining this late. Here are some pictures of the sweater sets. If you want to see my slippers look at the slippers under the tree post.

HPIM0808.JPG

HPIM0809.JPG

HPIM0810.JPG

HPIM0808.JPG

HPIM0809.JPG

HPIM0810.JPG

Beautiful sweaters! I would love to make one for my DD but they take me forever and I don't do the wearables too well.

I agree that boys are much harder. Mine just wants a monkey, but the rest will be store bought...

Does anyone know of any bear patterns not the teddy type, maybe a graph? I am not good at designing graphs (it took me almost a week to make my DH's superman graph). I want to make some washcloths for the girls that have a teddy face and I'm not sure what for the boys yet...prob football/baseball/soccarball....that idea.

karebear- great sweater sets! LOL@ not having much to do with two graphed afghans to do yet! Silly bear!

I'm 3/4 through sock #1 (yes its taking a long time) and I'm beginning to fear that I won't have enough for sock #2...so there is every possibility of frogging sock #1 to only 40 rows instead of 50 rows on the cuff....bleck...and starting over:eek . Wish me luck!

And with all of that...I just want to move on to a different pair since this one is being such a poop.

Lovely sets. I have to agree about boy things. I've been trying to work out if there is anything I can make my boys for Christmas and the answer is no. I'll be making a Spiderman RR for DS#1 birthday next year.

Well, I did find a pattern for a mens sweater, but I think that I am going to change it up a little and do the one that I found that is knitted. It has a hood. I am actually practicing with the pattern and making myself one first. So far it is easy, but I am getting side tracked quickly.

I joined this CAL a while ago and slowly but surely I am getting my projects done

so far I have

4 bed dolls - FINISHED

1 scarf - FINISHED

2 shawls - FINISHED

1 placemat - DONT REMEMBER WHY I WANTED TO DO THIS

4 xmas trees - FINISHED

2 tree skirts - both in progress

1 xmas lapghan - in progress

to make for xmas

I am supposed to be learning how to crochet socks & the FBB because I think they will be a fun gift to give too

i finished my second aghan but i can't post pics yet cause my computer won't accept my camera. i am halfway done with my third afghan so one and a half more to go.

CAL update for me.

9 pairs of socks- 1/2 of one pair done...another pair started.

Dishcloths- No plan on how many to make- have 6 completed.

Pokemon toys for nephews- 6 to make- none started

Rocket ship for nephew- not started.

Purse for niece & DD friend- not started.

I'm not doing well, am I!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am just about 1/2 way done with my son's sweater. I am really liking how it is turning out. I know that kids might not wear them out in public, but I know he will enjoy his sweater at home. It is going to be so soft and cozy. Plus, now I have 3 other WIPs going as well. My fingers are cramping from all of the knitting and crocheting.

Archived