annie's attic scrap club

scc51055

i got an email asking me if i wanted to join the annie's attic scrap club for crocheters. it looks kind of interesting, but then again it is one of those things where patterns are sent periodically and you need to return if you dont want them.

has anyone else gotten this email or have you subscribed?

here is the link to it: http://promotions.drgnetwork.com/series/ESCSCA_Mar07/ESCSCAA.html

I got the email, but I don't think I'll subscribe.

I subscribed to Crafter's Choice, the book club, and like most "clubs", they rarely have anything I want, and are overpriced.

I suspect this Scrap Crochet Club is the same, if not worse, since Annie's Attic tends to be a tad on the, ahem, overpriced side, to begin with.

I'm betting all the patterns come from books they've previously published, so if you are like me, and have more than one of their scrap crochet books, you probably already have a lot of the patterns they'll send you.

I used to subscribe to the scrap patterns and only got them long enough to get the pattern I really wanted. Lots of the patterns are what I would call bazaar items. A lot of holiday projects like tissue covers and potholders. Small children's purses, finger puppets. Lots of afghans. I agree that most of the patterns can be found in other books or magazines.

When I wanted to end my subscription, it was not a problem. I just wrote cancel on the invoice and never got another packet.

Archived