Anyone have a Pat Cattans nearby?

busym1

I was just wondering, because I found some Bernat pink camo yarn there the other day. It was $2.97 I think. They have tons of cool yarn! Michelle

Oh - I have two Pat Catan's close by - going to have to check this weekend and see if they have any of the pink camo - have been looking for it for ages. I like Pat Catan's. They do have some things much cheaper than JoAnn's or Michael's.

My first (paying) job after the divorce was at Catan's. I lasted two years. I'm now making more $ elsewhere (with my own desk and computer and access to C'ville:D ) I still shop there frequently, tho. A great selection and good prices.

I had the time to stop in the Catan's in Bedford, OH today and they have the pink camo. I picked up four skeins. Don't know what I am going to do with them, but had to have them. Also found some more yarn to make the round ripple I am making bigger.

I like their prices - much lower than JoAnn's, except if JoAnn's has the yarn you want and you have coupons, then it is less expensive at JoAnn's. I am a little upset with JoAnn's right now. They have that good sale going on with 50% off coupons and the yarn department is practically empty at my area store. Of course, everything I want is already on sale so I couldn't use the coupons anyway, but they don't have any of the colors I want. Then the yarns that aren't on sale, aren't any of the yarns I want. I did pick up a Caron Pounder in cream with the coupon. Figured I can always use cream for something.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately for the rest of the country, they appear to only be in PA and OH. When I go to visit my mother and sister in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, that is the first place I want to go. Their prices and selection are amazing. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I think if they were in the NY area, they would surely give the other chains a run for their money.

When we retire in the next few years and leave the rat race, we will likely settle in the Pittsburgh area. Of course, if my husband knew about Pat Catan's, he might change his mind. But my argument might be, "Honey, they have your toy stores too...Lowe's and Home Depot." :yes

Archived