New Recycled Bag Pattern ~ Free

RecycleCindy

I have a new recycled bag pattern out today. As usual I share it free with my friends here at the ‘Ville! This one is a bit different as I used plastic grocery bags and old cassette tapes to crochet and weave this little purse.

cassettepursesmalljpg.jpg

Click here for the free pattern that is found at my website. As always enjoy! :)

Looks great!

Sorry for asking an obvious question, but how do you get usable yarn from old plastic bags - is there some sort of technique that I should know about before I go and try?

Looks great!

Sorry for asking an obvious question, but how do you get usable yarn from old plastic bags - is there some sort of technique that I should know about before I go and try?

I have written the whole process out at my website about how to create yarn from plastic bags, cassette tape, VHS tape etc. The link is http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/02/17/instructions-for-cutting-plastic-bags-creating-recycled-plastic-yarn/

There are also many other tips and free patterns to help you create fun recycled crafts. Check it out -- I love to share!

:hook

Thanks so much for letting me know about that RecycleCindy - I've just been to your website and it's really helpful. I shall definitely be trying it out :)

i love the bag! so cute. i have a question though about crocheting with recycled bags/plastics. how strong are the bags? i saw a pattern for a shopping bag made from plastic shopping bags, but no info on the strength. can you really use the bags without them breaking apart?

i love the bag! so cute. i have a question though about crocheting with recycled bags/plastics. how strong are the bags? i saw a pattern for a shopping bag made from plastic shopping bags, but no info on the strength. can you really use the bags without them breaking apart?

Tote bags made from recycled plastic bags are very strong. The ones I make are crocheted with 1 inch double strand strips and you can put a lot of stuff in them. They may stretch a bit but then they go back to the original size later. You should give it a try. If you need any info about how to create the "yarn" just click on my website link and I have all the instructions with pictures and would be happy to help you if you have any further questions. :)

• 1 month later...

Your patterns are terrific. I gave up crocheting plastic bags, but I think I'll give it another try. I read somewhere that if you make a plastic bag rug and then wash it, it becomes softer. Have you tried this?

Archived