How to count

Jens

I want to start another project. The longest chain (with thread) I have done was 90 some odd crochets. I didn't have any problems but now I want to do a pillow and my chain needs to be 381 crochets. Is there anyway to break up the chain to make it easier to count? I thought about putting another piece of red thread between every 20 chains or so. Any ideas??

Jen

Hi Jen,

I use stitch markers. I see someone on here (sorry can't remeber who) sells them. I bought mine on e-bay and they make keeping track of stitches very easy. I ususally put them every 50 if it is a long chain. I am sure they have them at JoAnns or other craft stores, but the thread would work too, if you remember how many stitches between. I always put mine in the 50th stitch.

Good luck with your pillow...

Thanks I'm going to see if I can find some at hobby lobby this afternoon. I did manage to change the 381. It's pretty big for a pillow....maybe pillows use to be bigger? Regardless I think it will be pretty.

Jen

I usually use bobby pins as stitch markets. They are about a zillion on a pack for usually a dollar or two. You can get them at Walmart or any drugstore very inexpensively. Don't use the fat, "open" bobby pins with the zig-zag frame. Use the tight ones with the small rubber tips. They work great!

Archived