Cotton yarn?

What size cotton do you use? I've thought of doing this, but I find it hard to find cotton that's any bigger than a 4 ply (not sure what that would be in US terms)....

I would love to make a cotton afghan if I could just find the right weight cotton.

I haven't, simply because cotton is so *******' expensive out here, but I agree that it would make an absolutely gorgeous thing to give a baby! Sooo incredibly soft, I'm sure!!:yes

I just made a blanket using 8 ply. It's like 2 strands of 4 ply. Mine was peaches and cream on a cone. The other ones I buy are in skeins.

I usually use 2 strands anyway so it's thicker. I love cotton.

CottonTots is lovely to work with. I haven't made a full blanket yet, but it makes great washcloths, etc.

I think CottonTots is my favorite of the cotton yarns. It's soooo soft and very easy to work with.

I've made a small teddy-bear sized blankie from it and it has held up very well through several washes and much play.

I like to make baby blankets from Peaches N Cream/Sugar N Cream as well. Their ombres make lovely patterns when you use a shell stitch. I always use the pattern from Herrschner's Blue Ribbon Afghan book.

All the parents seemed to like the cotton blankets the best, especially since we live in the southwest.

Haven't tried Cotton Tots. Any other cottons you folk like?

Michelle in Southern AZ

Archived