where it to find Harley Orange

I am thinking on making an Afghan for my uncle to say thank you for a great job the floors in my new house. He is a Harley Davidson guy. I am just going to convert the logo into a graph pattern, but I don't know if there is a place to get the orange that is the logo or if I should just make the afghan black and white. So it would look like one of the two logos below.

logo.gif

HARLEY20DAVIDSON20LOGO201.jpg

What do you all think about it? Which one looks better, with or with out the orange?

Most any orange will work as long as it is not flourescent. I've made Harley afghans and sweaters for several of the men in my family and they always insist on the orange being in it.

Christy, I saw some orange yarn at Hobby Lobby a couple weeks ago. It was a bright orange and I think it was called pumpkin. By the way, I think the logo WITH the orange looks best. That's sort of the traditional "Harley Davidson" look. Hope this helps.

Thank you all. I will have to look at Michael's or A.C. Moore (they are haveing a moonlight sale on saturday here in CT) I think you all are right the logo with the oragne looks best. I was just going to do black and white to make life easy but when ever doing a present you should do what looks best not what is easy :D

Archived