Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello everyone! I know I kinda joined and then disappeared, but I assure you I'm still working!

My star afghan is growing exponentially! I started in Paddy green and added an off-white color.

I hope to get pictures up soon. My camera seems to be a little dysfunctional right now, so we'll see.

Sounds great, Amy!

I've had this done for a while now, and realized I hadn't posted it yet. This ghan was done in Homespun. I miscalculated how much yarn I had, so it isn't quite as long as I wanted it, but that is OK. I just curl up and throw it over me. It sure is soft, cuddly and warm.

Here is My Sandy Beaches

th_SandyBeachesHomespun.jpg

Clickable

Hi Everybody!

I know it has been so long since I have posted on here. I checked the list on the original poster and to my surprise the FURBALL afghans were still there:cheer.

After awhile I got a little bored but have missed the board lately so decided to come back on and see what up to know good things you guys are doing.

Sue

I've had this done for a while now, and realized I hadn't posted it yet. This ghan was done in Homespun. I miscalculated how much yarn I had, so it isn't quite as long as I wanted it, but that is OK. I just curl up and throw it over me. It sure is soft, cuddly and warm.

Here is My Sandy Beaches

th_SandyBeachesHomespun.jpg

Clickable

Oh my! That looks sooooo snuggly! I'll update the first post. Congrats on finishing a project!

Hi Everybody!

I know it has been so long since I have posted on here. I checked the list on the original poster and to my surprise the FURBALL afghans were still there:cheer.

After awhile I got a little bored but have missed the board lately so decided to come back on and see what up to know good things you guys are doing.

Sue

Hey, Sue, I'll update the first post with the info you PM'd me. Hope to see you around!

I'm doing one of those MAM strip afghans for our friends' daughter in blue and light purple, I'll post a picture when I get a couple of strips done. Barbara, this one is already posted. :)

deb

BarbaraJean i know how you feel..i only have about maybe 5 rows left on my star ghan and can't quite get myself to finish it.. same way with my other one, i'm not liking how the colors are coming out and i'm debating on whether or not to either frog it and try something else or just keep going..if i could just sit down and work i'd have the star done and half the other one too

BarbaraJean i know how you feel..i only have about maybe 5 rows left on my star ghan and can't quite get myself to finish it.. same way with my other one, i'm not liking how the colors are coming out and i'm debating on whether or not to either frog it and try something else or just keep going..if i could just sit down and work i'd have the star done and half the other one too

Would it be a lot to frog?

Ok, this took me forever! Not because it was huge or hard to do just that I have too many WIPS that I am working on and life issues. It is just a basic granny square baby afghan. It is 12 squares x 10 squares. I used the flat braid joining technique. This is the first time I have done that type of joining and I really like it because it makes a really seamless looking piece. I also did not put a border on it because of the way the edges loop, it looks nice and finished. So here is a funny story on the color choices for this afghan. The very first afghan I made was a ripple in these 3 colors. I was so afraid that it would unravel while washing etc that I debated on how to finish off the ends. So being "really smart" I tied knots and then ready....super glued the ends of them. I gave the afghan to my sister and she told me that she really liked it except for the hard ends were not so comfortable. So I took a scissor and cut off all the hard ends and then frogged away and made lots of granny squares with all the yarn. Now if you ask me that is using yarn to its fullest - from one afghan to another! :lol Anyway, here it is - the FO.

100_0789.jpg

Midds, that is pretty and a funny story!

I love that flat braid technique, and I can't wait to try it.

:hook

I hope y'all don't mind me posting in your CAL thread. I'm new here, so not sure if that's taboo or not. I can't wait to get caught up on my non-crochet work so that I can join in one of these CALs! AFghans are my favorite thing to make, so that's why I was peeking in here. So far I've just been oogling over everything I've found here ... mind boggling ... just mind boggling!! :clap

Midds, that is pretty and a funny story!

I love that flat braid technique, and I can't wait to try it.

:hook

I hope y'all don't mind me posting in your CAL thread. I'm new here, so not sure if that's taboo or not. I can't wait to get caught up on my non-crochet work so that I can join in one of these CALs! AFghans are my favorite thing to make, so that's why I was peeking in here. So far I've just been oogling over everything I've found here ... mind boggling ... just mind boggling!! :clap

WELCOME!! Post away!! Everyone is very friendly here, and I can't see that it is taboo to post anywhere in the whole board! I love it here, and you will too!!

deb

Would it be a lot to frog?

BarbaraJean..no it wouldn't be that much to frog, i've only got about 20 rows done, i'm waiting for my husband to give me his opinion..he seems to be better than me at judging if it looks right lol... i may just end up changing just one color in it.

all the ghans posted look lovely..you all do such great work! i love seeing all the different ideas people come up with :)

Very pretty!! Who is it for? I love all the colors with the black to set them off!

deb

I do craft shows in the fall so I will be selling it.. I probably will be asking $25 for it because it was all scraps.

Thanks for the comment.

Rachel

Rachel ~ your scrap-ghan is beautiful! I am soo close to finishing the ripple for my youngest....just about 30 rows left to go.......hopefully this weekend but probably by mid-week. Will post when its finished.

WELCOME!! Post away!! Everyone is very friendly here, and I can't see that it is taboo to post anywhere in the whole board! I love it here, and you will too!!

deb

:manyheart Aww, thanks! From what I've seen so far, I'm loving it!!! :c9

Your afghan is nice. Just wondering though, aren't you asking a little high(25.00) for a little afghan? I had three afghans go for 5.00 a piece at a silent auction. Just concern that you aren't going to get that much for it. IMO. Good Luck!

Sue

I do craft shows in the fall so I will be selling it.. I probably will be asking $25 for it because it was all scraps.

Thanks for the comment.

Rachel

Archived