Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Hi Stacia!

If for any reason you decide not to finish an afghan please let me know so I can remove it from the list (just to keep it uncluttered).[/color][/size][/font]

Speaking of which, can you remove the mint and yellow baby ghans from my list. I'm not gettin' to 'em any time soon

Joyce

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Meegan and welcome! I've added your projects to the first post. Come by when you can to update us and be sure to let me know when one is completed. There's a CAL button in the first post that you can use for your blog or web site.

Hi LegalWoman! Those are beautiful... but I'm confused. :D Was I supposed to have these on the list. Or are they not complete and you want to join the CAL to complete them?

Please accept my apologies. I am not a part of this CAL. I posted it in the wrong spot.

Hi Cathy and welcome! I'll get your projects added to the first post. Please be sure to let us know when they are completed so we can update.

The Very Victorian that you're doing - is it from Leisure Arts' "Our Best Afghans A to Z"? If so, I just finished that one. You can see a picture of it in my blog posted in my sig.

Thanks for adding me!

The Very Victorian is from "Our Best Afghans A to Z"! I saw your pictures and it is so sweet looking! I am considering just using the one I am making here around the house to cozy up under on these cooler evenings. It may end up in the baby bed though, we will have to see.

I am about 50 rows into the ripple afghan and have not had a chance to work on it since Monday evening, I hope to get back at it by this coming weekend.

Please accept my apologies. I am not a part of this CAL. I posted it in the wrong spot.

:P No problem. You're welcome to show off your beauties anytime!

Thanks for adding me!

The Very Victorian is from "Our Best Afghans A to Z"! I saw your pictures and it is so sweet looking! I am considering just using the one I am making here around the house to cozy up under on these cooler evenings. It may end up in the baby bed though, we will have to see.

I am about 50 rows into the ripple afghan and have not had a chance to work on it since Monday evening, I hope to get back at it by this coming weekend.

I decided to do mine holding 2 strands of yarn together so it's very snuggly. Good luck with it. The body of it's very simple isn't it. I had a lot of trouble getting the border to come together though.

I am horrible about taking pictures. I promise to have some soon. I am working on some pillows in tunisian stitch and will have those done very soon. Once those are done, I will take pictures of everything that I have done lately. I have been very busy. I finished my afghan for this CAL last week, then made a rug out of left over yarn, now I am working on pillows. Next will be bean bags for my dds carnival and also to complete my hubby's Steelers afghan.

Hey Barb and other villers

Just wanted you to know that I am nearly finished the last square of this monster afghan. Just have one final panel to complete. So far it measure 78 X 87"!:eek

I am horrible about taking pictures. I promise to have some soon. I am working on some pillows in tunisian stitch and will have those done very soon. Once those are done, I will take pictures of everything that I have done lately. I have been very busy. I finished my afghan for this CAL last week, then made a rug out of left over yarn, now I am working on pillows. Next will be bean bags for my dds carnival and also to complete my hubby's Steelers afghan.

Looking forward to seeing you afghan. :)

Barbara - can you please take off my Simply Beautiful baby afghan? I scrapped it cause I did not like the baby yarn and it was taking forever.

Thanks!:hook

Sure, no problem.

Barb, I guess I'm starting yet another lapghan or kid's afghan, I guess call it shell stitch blanket. Let me know if I have too many projects listed. :)

deb

Got it! :clap

Hey Barb and other villers

Just wanted you to know that I am nearly finished the last square of this monster afghan. Just have one final panel to complete. So far it measure 78 X 87"!:eek

Wow! That is a monster!

Barbara - can you please mark my Very Victorian at completed! I did not even get a chance to work the borders on it, my 7yr old daughter hijacked it as soon as I finished weaving in the loose ends before starting the border. Oh well, she is happy with it!

I will get some pictures of it soon!

Barbara - can you please mark my Very Victorian at completed! I did not even get a chance to work the borders on it, my 7yr old daughter hijacked it as soon as I finished weaving in the loose ends before starting the border. Oh well, she is happy with it!

I will get some pictures of it soon!

Oh how wonderful! Congratulations! What type of yarn did you use?

I used Bernat Berella "4" that I found on clearance at Michaels. I didn't argue with her when whe hijacked it because she has come down with a cold and was looking for comfort. She feels much better today thanks to good old Mommy lovins and Benadryl!

Ok, can we replace the Rippling Shells afghan with a 2-strander? I actually hadn't even started the shells, and my best friend has requested a comfort-ghan because she is going thru a really difficult time right now. Thanks! I know we are all requiring a lot of first post editing but you are wonderful to keep up with us all!!!:hug

Ok, can we replace the Rippling Shells afghan with a 2-strander? I actually hadn't even started the shells, and my best friend has requested a comfort-ghan because she is going thru a really difficult time right now. Thanks! I know we are all requiring a lot of first post editing but you are wonderful to keep up with us all!!!:hug

No problem. That's why I pop in as often as possible. If I don't then I get way behind. :D

Thanks for adding me to the list Barbara Jean!

I just thought I'd share a few details about my projects here.

My main project right now is the Striped Cable Afghan that I'm making for my bedroom. I have a beautiful striped comforter that's in green, gold, and rust. We've even got coordinating pillows and curtains. (I got a great deal on the set at Dillard's.) But the comforter is too heavy to use all year round. In the summer, we're usually ok with just a sheet, but I wanted to have an afghan to use in the late spring and early fall. So, I'm making a striped afghan to match the comforter.

I'm using Red Heart Soft Yarn (on sale this week at Michael's) in leaf, honey, and paprika. The colors are perfect for the room!

120120.jpg.fpx?qlt=75&wid=76&cvt=jpeg120123.jpg.fpx?qlt=75&wid=76&cvt=jpeg120124.jpg.fpx?qlt=75&wid=76&cvt=jpeg

My pattern is actually a cabled scarf pattern. I'm going to make 15 scarves (5 in each color) and then stitch the sides together to make the afghan. The pattern is the "Aran Isles Muffler" from Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet.

My other little project is the ABC Baby Blanket on this website.

http://www.crochetnmore.com/babysabcsafghan.htm

I'm making it in the Caron Pounder yarn in sage and I've just about finished the bottom 2 rows of letters. I basically just work on this when I get tired of working on the big afghan. The pattern calls for a size D hook, which was way too small for such a thick yarn, so I'm using a size G hook. The blanket is coming out pretty stiff, so I'm hoping that it softens when I wash it. Assuming that it turns out alright, I'll probably donate it to Project Linus.

That's what I've been working on. I'll post pictures of my progress soon!

-Stacia

I finished my ripple afghan for the neighbor boy! :clap

It is made with Red Heart in Spring Green and Banana Berry (I think :( )

LogansBlanket.gif

Now to start another afghan....

Thanks for adding me to the list Barbara Jean!

I just thought I'd share a few details about my projects here.

My main project right now is the Striped Cable Afghan that I'm making for my bedroom. I have a beautiful striped comforter that's in green, gold, and rust. We've even got coordinating pillows and curtains. (I got a great deal on the set at Dillard's.) But the comforter is too heavy to use all year round. In the summer, we're usually ok with just a sheet, but I wanted to have an afghan to use in the late spring and early fall. So, I'm making a striped afghan to match the comforter.

I'm using Red Heart Soft Yarn (on sale this week at Michael's) in leaf, honey, and paprika. The colors are perfect for the room!

120120.jpg.fpx?qlt=75&wid=76&cvt=jpeg120123.jpg.fpx?qlt=75&wid=76&cvt=jpeg120124.jpg.fpx?qlt=75&wid=76&cvt=jpeg

My pattern is actually a cabled scarf pattern. I'm going to make 15 scarves (5 in each color) and then stitch the sides together to make the afghan. The pattern is the "Aran Isles Muffler" from Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet.

My other little project is the ABC Baby Blanket on this website.

http://www.crochetnmore.com/babysabcsafghan.htm

I'm making it in the Caron Pounder yarn in sage and I've just about finished the bottom 2 rows of letters. I basically just work on this when I get tired of working on the big afghan. The pattern calls for a size D hook, which was way too small for such a thick yarn, so I'm using a size G hook. The blanket is coming out pretty stiff, so I'm hoping that it softens when I wash it. Assuming that it turns out alright, I'll probably donate it to Project Linus.

That's what I've been working on. I'll post pictures of my progress soon!

-Stacia

Both projects sound fantastic!

Barb could you add a ripple ghan for me please... thanks...

Sure!

I finished my ripple afghan for the neighbor boy! :clap

It is made with Red Heart in Spring Green and Banana Berry (I think :( )

LogansBlanket.gif

Now to start another afghan....

Congratulations! That was quick! I love it!

That green ripple is pretty.

So are the colors for the bedroom afghan. Nice work going on here.

I started the baby rings afghan, have two panels done, and I'm loving it.

Joyce

Archived