Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have finished my Zinnia afghan. So now I am on to another afghan title Autumn Splendor. I just love the colors in this. It is going to be a Christmas Present. I can't resist taking pictures of my bears! lol100_1839.jpg

I have finished my Zinnia afghan. So now I am on to another afghan title Autumn Splendor. I just love the colors in this. It is going to be a Christmas Present. I can't resist taking pictures of my bears! lol100_1839.jpg

Just beautiful !! I love those colors. :cheer:clap:yay

Debbie

Gingerbeary-- that looks wonderful! The colors are so pretty together and the teddy bears just help add to it! :D

My tetris one probably just has an hour left of work on it. I've been making myself weave in ends since I have to have it done by noon monday since I leave that evening and it'll be cheaper to give it to him than to mail it back to him after I take it to the states to finish to mail it back to canada!

I found however that weaving in ends hurts my fingers pretty bad. I get so worried about those ends that I think I probably am doing something wrong since I can't weave in ends for more than an hour (and even that is pushing it a bit) without my pointer finger on my right hand and left thumb hurting pretty badly.

However, just another hour and a washing and it's totally finished! Thank goodness I just have black to weave in and don't have to worry about crossing colors. I'll make sure to post a picture to it when I get back to the states!

Thanks Debbie and Kiwi, I appreciate that. I can't wait to see a picture of the Tetris Afghan. Good luck finishing. Sorry your fingers hurt so much. The only problems I get are hang nails from crochet for some reason and the skin around my nails close to the fingertips dries out. It is probably the yarn. It happens when I crochet constantly.

Wow, finishing frezy took over this weekend. I've finished the Baby Granny Afghan but I've replaced it with another Blushing Grannies in greens. The red Blushing Grannies is more than half done. I have about 15 squares to finish, block, and sew together.

BabyGranny2.jpg

BabyGranny1.jpg

I've been trying to decide if I should add something to this or not. DH thinks it looks fine without anything else. Any thoughts?

Robyn- I think the blanket looks wonderful the way it is. Since it is for a baby, I suppose you could add shells or such around the edge if you really feel it needs it. However, I really do think it's wonderful the way it is.

Also, I finished my tetris blanket! I have a picture on my camera but have to wait till Tuesday to post it up here, since that's when I'll get home.

Hi everybody! Hope you all had a happy hooktastic weekend!:hook

Gingerbeary-That looks beautiful! Great work!

Robyn- I love the baby granny! Green is my favorite color. I think it looks great the way it is, but I know that I sometimes look at my projects and just don't feel like they're really "complete" until I put somekind of border on them. So, if you really feel like you have to, how about a simple, solid double crochet all the way around?

Kiwi- Congratulations on finishing your tetris blanket! Can't wait to see it!

Everyone's afghans look absolutely gorgeous!! :cheer

I started another blanket that is called Seashell Baskets. I'm making it for a lady at my work who will be going through radiation therapy in October. She just had her thyroid removed along with some cancer and she has been pretty down. So, I am sending this to her to cheer her up.

I keep starting on a project, getting half way done, then start something else cause I'm bored with one I'm working on. Before I know it, I have all kinds of WIPs on my to do shelf. Does this happen with anyone else? :hook

Suzanne: I know I have one doily on the hook that I haven't worked on in a coon's age. But that is it for crochet. Now, I have a cross-stitch project I haven't touched in a couple of years. Let's see, I have my cardmaking stuff laid out on my table in my Florida room waiting for me. I need to finish my Halloween cards and Thanksgiving cards and start working on my Christmas ones. There is just not enough time in the day when you work 10 hours to get anything done. On weekends I have laundry and ironing and housework. So don't be too hard on yourself, we all have some unfinished projects in our closets.

I started another blanket that is called Seashell Baskets. I'm making it for a lady at my work who will be going through radiation therapy in October. She just had her thyroid removed along with some cancer and she has been pretty down. So, I am sending this to her to cheer her up.

I keep starting on a project, getting half way done, then start something else cause I'm bored with one I'm working on. Before I know it, I have all kinds of WIPs on my to do shelf. Does this happen with anyone else? :hook

Yes. and the one thing I have discovered is I really hate making afghans. Why do I keep making them??

Oh, I'm so far behind! How did that happen? :D

How fun! Great job! I'll update the first post.

Wow, finishing frezy took over this weekend. I've finished the Baby Granny Afghan but I've replaced it with another Blushing Grannies in greens. The red Blushing Grannies is more than half done. I have about 15 squares to finish, block, and sew together.

BabyGranny2.jpg

BabyGranny1.jpg

I've been trying to decide if I should add something to this or not. DH thinks it looks fine without anything else. Any thoughts?

Very sweet! If you want some type of border I like the shell already mentioned or perhaps picots. I'll update the first post.

I'll add you new blanket to the first post. The next time you get bored with something see if you can get interested in one of you old projects. you'll probably find that having worked on something else for a while an old project seems interesting again.

My first square is almost done! It's been knit.... can I post pics here? I think the next one will be crocheted.

Absolutely!

Ok, I finally finished my NFL Afghan for my nephew (baby afghan). I added a fleece backing to it and just did a single crochet broder all the way around.

s7300644zz0.jpg

That's fantastic! I've never tried something like that. The fleece backing is a great idea!

Yes. and the one thing I have discovered is I really hate making afghans. Why do I keep making them??

I dunno! :think But afghans are probably my favorite thing to make right now.

I forgot to mention that my Diagonal blanket is officially halfway done! All increases are done. I have to go buy more yarns to do the rest. Thank you for looking. It's now 6 ft width and long as expected.

th_IMG_0788.jpg Ignore the white sock, it's a jester friend trying to ruin the photo. :lol

Even though I haven't officially joined this CAL, I have just finished two afghans.

Here's the pics:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/legalwoman17/ForestGreenWoodsy1.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/legalwoman17/HPIM0309.jpg

These are granny ripples. It was a pattern from Red Heart yarns, but I don't think it's online.

Archived