Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got the first round of the border done! I would have got it done last night while watching Above and Beyond, but it got to hot. That's the problem with making an afghan in summer I guess LOL.

Yes, it can be. I love to take my crocheting with me when we go camping but I don't work at it too long because of the heat.

Congrats on your progress.

Hey Barbara - Do you mind changing the afghan I am working on? I finished the baby blanket in May but forgot to take a picture. Now I am working on an afghan called Cathedral Windows. Hopefully, I can get a picture up soon of both blankets, but I need to get new batteries for my camera.:hook:yay

Hey Barbara - Do you mind changing the afghan I am working on? I finished the baby blanket in May but forgot to take a picture. Now I am working on an afghan called Cathedral Windows. Hopefully, I can get a picture up soon of both blankets, but I need to get new batteries for my camera.:hook:yay

Sure! I put completed by the baby afghan and added the Cathedral Windows afghan.

Great afghan Laura! Good work :hook

BarbaraJean, I would like to add a Pink Baby Afghan to the list :c9

It's for a Baby Shower next weekend :eek

I am crazy about afghans. I completed recently Winter White and am working on the last row of Daisy Delight today and putting on the border. My next afghan is Friendship Rings. I will take a picture soon of my finished afghans listed above. I am just a crocheting fool. Thanks for letting me join!!

Is it too late to join?

I want to start a NFL Afghan for my youngest son?

I am crazy about afghans. I completed recently Winter White and am working on the last row of Daisy Delight today and putting on the border. My next afghan is Friendship Rings. I will take a picture soon of my finished afghans listed above. I am just a crocheting fool. Thanks for letting me join!!

Welcome! I'll add your name and projects to the first post. I hope you'll stop by occassionally to report your progress. When you've completed an afghan let me know and I will add COMPLETED! by the project with a link to the picture (if you have a picture).

There is a button on the first post if you would like to add it to your blog.

Barbara- Yes, I had you list that comfortghan under the snow and pines comfortghan..however it turned out a little less snowy and piney than originally planned. Nevertheless, it's done so I'm not complaining...

Please add "Caribbean Sunrise" to the list for me...Here's a pic of first squares....

http://bizzycrochet.blogspot.com/2007/07/desperate-to.html

Barbara- Yes, I had you list that comfortghan under the snow and pines comfortghan..however it turned out a little less snowy and piney than originally planned. Nevertheless, it's done so I'm not complaining...

Please add "Caribbean Sunrise" to the list for me...Here's a pic of first squares....

http://bizzycrochet.blogspot.com/2007/07/desperate-to.html

Got it!

:cheer I'm finished! :cheer

Well, almost LOL. I need to weave in the ends. I'll get a picture up as soon as I can.:manyheart

:yay Can't wait to see it

I have 12 squares completed on my Caribbean Sunrise afghan. Couldn't really tell you my progress cuz I have no idea how many squares I'm planning to make in all...lol...it's sort of a "feel it when I'm done" type blanket.

Exactly how is Caribbean spelled?? Two rr's or one?

I'm on the downhill side of the afghan for my neice! :D

I'm really trying to get it done before she leaves for grad school. Just 37 more rows to go!! :hook

I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

UPDATE -

Here's the pictures of the work in progress:

GradGift.jpg

Close up of stitches:

GradGiftCloseup.jpg

Anna

Anna, that is lovely. Really pretty colors. I also love your kitty kid. I really want an orange cat to add to the brown and the white. I have to convince DH that another one is a good idea. He was really resistant to having two. He loves both of them now. When I hint about a third I get the Look.

Anna - I love the blanket, your making it with my favorite color, purple.

BarbaraJean - I am taking a break from my Cathedral Windows afghan so I can start another baby blanket for a shower in two weeks, it's called Puff Parade.

I'll get pics up as soon as I can.

I'm using a yarn I've never used before, Bernat Softee Baby in His Denim, it's so soft. Hopefully it washes well. :hook

I'm on the downhill side of the afghan for my neice! :D

I'm really trying to get it done before she leaves for grad school. Just 37 more rows to go!! :hook

I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

UPDATE -

Here's the pictures of the work in progress:

GradGift.jpg

Close up of stitches:

GradGiftCloseup.jpg

Anna

Love the colors Anna!

What pattern are you using?

Love the colors Anna!

What pattern are you using?

It's called Cozy Clusters. I can't remember the name of the booklet it's in, I'll have to check when I get home. One of the Leisure Arts books (I only have a few......dozen:eek ).

brennae74 and LeslieG - Thanks! I love the colors too and purple is my neice's favorite.

Anna, that is really beautiful!

Anna - I love the blanket, your making it with my favorite color, purple.

BarbaraJean - I am taking a break from my Cathedral Windows afghan so I can start another baby blanket for a shower in two weeks, it's called Puff Parade.

I'll get pics up as soon as I can.

I'm using a yarn I've never used before, Bernat Softee Baby in His Denim, it's so soft. Hopefully it washes well. :hook

Ill add your baby blanket to the list. J

Since I am lucky to be one of the testers for Vonnie's Travelghan, I thought I would list it here....

What I have so far

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/crochetk/melannie-1.jpg

I just started it last night but went to bed really early (8 PM) because I was seeing double and haven't been sleeping good for the past couple of nights.....crochet on the brain!

Archived