Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought I'd post my progress so far...so here's some pictures of my squares!

th_misc-11.jpg

here they are in the rubbermaid drawer I have to store them in (there's just too many!)

th_misc-12.jpg

and here they are all mapped out on my living room floor. If you're wondering what the empty spots are...that's where some special squares are going...there will be four of them :devil

BTW the edges are frilly because of the way I'll be joining them, using the Lattice Technique...as posted here

Wow! You've certainly accomplished a lot!

Hello,

I finally have a photo of my Circle of Love Baby Snuggler, that I am doing...

circleoflove.jpg

Hope you all are having a nice day...:manyheart

How precious!!

Heres my finished granny-ghan, its 40" by 60" and it looks a lot nicer than i thought it would, let me know what you think of it! it really is a nice rectangle... but i didn't have any place good to lay it.

finishedgrannyghan4.jpg

That looks GREAT Jessica! Nice job:clap

Joyce

Heres my finished granny-ghan, its 40" by 60" and it looks a lot nicer than i thought it would, let me know what you think of it! it really is a nice rectangle... but i didn't have any place good to lay it.

finishedgrannyghan4.jpg

Jessica, I can't believe you've finished that already! It's wonderful! I do think that the cream color really is great. I'll get a link added to the first post. Congratulations!

:ty to those of you who noticed my squares :D They are pretty, aren't they...:c9

BTW they are two shades of grey and then black...the pictures kind of make the colors bluish...

Yes, they are pretty. Very pretty!

Thought I'd post my progress so far...so here's some pictures of my squares!

th_misc-11.jpg

here they are in the rubbermaid drawer I have to store them in (there's just too many!)

th_misc-12.jpg

and here they are all mapped out on my living room floor. If you're wondering what the empty spots are...that's where some special squares are going...there will be four of them :devil

BTW the edges are frilly because of the way I'll be joining them, using the Lattice Technique...as posted here

OK Jessica, you've got me curious about the "special" squares. Can't wait to see the whole thing put together. What you have now looks great.

Joyce

Started a new one yesterday - it's Green Star something or other, a free pattern from on the web... IT's a bunch of squares, but I'm doing it in blue. This one has to be done for a donation raffle in May... I'm doing it assembly-line, as there are all kinds of color changes on each square... what was I thinking?

I'm interested in seeing what this one will look like Krystal. Have a link to the pattern?

Joyce

Well, I finished joining all the panels for the breast cancer ribbon afghan. I have it laying out on the floor so I can look at it to criticize it. I will begin the edging and probably put a shell border on this one this weekend, in between chores like cleaning. Will post a pic when it's finally finished. This one has taken me longer than the Relay ghan, but that's because I didn't have the whole thing with me last weekend when I visited my friend and I started on the daffodil squares.

I am really hoping I don't get distracted by the cotton that was delivered today and the two projects I have slated for that. And, I want to try Krystal's daisy pattern so I can get her a square or six (now that I have the right colors to do it with). Too much to do, too little time SIGH

Joyce

:ty to those of you who noticed my squares :D They are pretty, aren't they...:c9

BTW they are two shades of grey and then black...the pictures kind of make the colors bluish...

They do, I like it both ways...its soo cool.....in the container is the color you described and the layout on the floor looks blue... I like it... Lets you see a variety.. :yay

Jessica (vcufashion419), your hexagons are beautiful! What lovely colors! :cheer

Nutsaboutcrochet13, wow your afghan is coming along great! I really like the colors you chose! Very striking! :cheer

DavaJ, ooh very pretty squares! I love the subtleness of the pink you used! :cheer

Jessica (stargazingirly), your afghan looks fabulous! You did a great job on it! :cheer

Heres my finished granny-ghan, its 40" by 60" Jessica

Jessica - that is beautiful. I am so glad you went with the cream to join it instead of the black. You completed that so quickly !!! :yay

Well, I finished joining all the panels for the breast cancer ribbon afghan

Wow! That was fast too. :cheer I Can't wait to see it completed.

I want to try Krystal's daisy pattern so I can get her a square or six (now that I have the right colors to do it with)

Me too! I don't have a stash like a lot of people. I just buy only for specific project and try to only buy enough so I don't end up with extra. But I found some colors I liked a couple of days ago and want to make Krystal's daisy pattern so I can send her a square (or more). I hope to do that this weekend :)

Started a new one yesterday - it's Green Star something or other, a free pattern from on the web... IT's a bunch of squares, but I'm doing it in blue. This one has to be done for a donation raffle in May... I'm doing it assembly-line, as there are all kinds of color changes on each square... what was I thinking?

I'm remembering how you and darski kept me encouraged on the Daisy Afghan that I had to get finished in time for a baby shower. :manyheart How are you coming along on the star afghan? I need to make sure I've got it added to the first post too.

Well, I will be working on the Lacy Stars now, as I ran out of yarn for my Prairie Star. I've just started doing some of the center white stars - I think I have 20-something of the 50-something done. I might take them tonight to baseball practice (first of the season for the kids), but then I might not and actually walk on the track instead to get some exercise. It depends on how my son is behaving.. :(

Well, I will be working on the Lacy Stars now, as I ran out of yarn for my Prairie Star. I've just started doing some of the center white stars - I think I have 20-something of the 50-something done. I might take them tonight to baseball practice (first of the season for the kids), but then I might not and actually walk on the track instead to get some exercise. It depends on how my son is behaving.. :(

Should I have "Lacy Stars" and Prairie Stars" on the list for you?

Barbara - Prairie Stars is actually a quilt-ghan and I'm in the Quilt CAL for that one... so, if you just keep the Lacy Stars one here, that would be good.

:D

You told me that before. :blush Sorry, sometimes I get a little confused keeping up with everybody. :D

Archived