Sometimes kids have the best ideas! *lol*

Okay, so... as it says in my sig, I'm working on some throw pillows for my new couch (which will be here on Thursday). In between other projects, that is.

So the kids are watching me work on one of them this morning, and they start asking me what I'm going to use for the inside of the pillow.

So I try to explain to them that since I can't manage to find a simple bag of fiberfill, I've been buying throw pillow inserts, cutting them open, and using the fiberfill out of them to stuff pillows and dolls with.

So Lexi (my 6 y.o.) asks me, "Mommy, why not just buy a regular pillow and use the stuffing out of THAT?"

:oops :oops

Why the HECK didn't *I* think of that? A regular pillow has a heck of a lot more stuffing in it than a throw pillow insert, and I can probably get the same amount of fiberfill out of one regular pillow that I would out of 4 throw pillows (the throw pillows out here don't have NEARLY as much stuffing as they do back home). For LESS money, too. I can get a double set of "regular" pillows for £3. To buy 4 throw pillow inserts, it costs £4.

Maybe I should make the kids my official consultants from now on?:think:lol

Makes you feel like those old V-8 juice commercials, huh?

Coulda had a whole pillow instead of a throw pillow, lol!

Great suggestion from your child...another suggestion, do you have old throw pillows? 'cause you can make the pillow cover and just put the old pillows inside...when the cover needs to be washed, easy peasy...and if you need to plump up an old throw pillow, the original suggestion would work too.

I have ONE old throw pillow. I'm going to take the insert out and use it for one of these new ones, and I'm going to donate the cover to a charity shop. Better'n throwing it away, methinks. :yes

Another thing you can use is old cotton clothes, like socks t shirts. I did that for a pillow I make for my son her loved it, Although it does make them heavier

for smaller items; dolls, small pillows....old nylons/pantyhose, also work, they won't bunch, don't add too much weight. :lol

Archived