crochet with fleece strips?

Have any of you ever done this? I've run across this booklet a few times, and I've considered buying it....

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/ASN_Annies/ASN1413_learn_to_crochet_with_fleece_main.htm

If you've ever tried it, what can you tell me about it? I've thought about getting some fleece while it's on sale so that I can make some things for next year....

Thanks! ;)

Judy

It's easy, I have bought fleece and made it into squares as well. I did it without a pattern, isn't all that hard.

Do you cut your fleece in a circular pattern, in order to get the longest strips? Or zig zag across a piece?

If you don't have enough fleece strip to get to the end of a row, do you just backtrack to the beginning and switch to a longer strip?

Thanks! :hook

thanks for posting that! I am dying to give it a go, I dont have a rotary cutter, I wonder if I can do it with scissors! ( they had better be good and sharpe I think!) Im going to the charity shops to find some old tops to chop up!

I wonder if I can do it with scissors!

I think you'd have to be really careful to make the strips an even width. It would be much easier with a rotary cutter....

Hancock's has Northern Fleece solids for $2.99 a yard, and Hobby Lobby has some of their patterned fleece on sale 50% off right now. I think a pattern would be neat - it would make your project look varigated!

I was looking at that book to. It just bolsters what I've always thought anyway. That ANYTHING that can be cut into a strip, can be crocheted or knitted. :hook

I too think it would make really warm hats, with an interesting twist. Somebody make something then post a pic, I'm anxious to see how it comes out. The pic on that instructions site was not big enough, and you couldn't enlarge it. I'd like to see the detail.

I've heard you need to stretch it before you crochet with it so it curls in on itself and looks more like yarn. I have a huge ball of fleece I cut into strips this last fall, but got busy doing something else and never made anything with it. Think I might try the hat or scarf idea. Thanks!

Archived