new old yarn

I just received some yarn from a church thrift store. $6 for 11 2-3 oz skeins. However, the yarn is Caron Dazzleaire and the packaging looks pretty old. So I was wondering if someone knows when this was made or anything? I looked on the packaging for a date but i couldn't find anything. Thanks!

It's been at least 10 years since I have seen Dazzleaire. I bought some when I was pregnant with my daughter (she is 9 1/2 now) to make a blanket for her. It was a variegated yarn in cranberry, blue and white and I think it was brushed acrylic...but I do know that it was Dazzleaire.

I got some yarn from my mom (RAOK'd to her) from someone when someone died. There were some from Zayer's, Caldor's and Woolworth's. The price stickers range from .59 to .99 (not sale). All stores have been gone a long time. I don't know the fiber content of some. If you keep the brands together, it'll be OK.

Ellie 13

I Loved Dazzleaire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually have a UFO of an afghan that is Dazzleaire. I needed some more of it to finish. I went on E-bay and was able to purchase form 3 different vendors 4 skeins of the Rose and guess what 3 of them were from the same dye-lot that I had bought in 1985, Go Figure. I was really disappointed when they stopped making it.

If you need more there is always someone on e-bay selling some.

Archived