Favorite Wedding Gifts

This is one of my Wedding present ones.

forum1lg6.th.jpg

Oh yep afghans, So far everyone I have given an afghan too has been really wowed by them, I guess if I ever felt they weren't appreciated I would give something else, so far I have kind of tested the waters by asking in-laws or relatives if this would be appreciated before I give one, I do usually have one "wedding afghan" and one generic (boy or girl) Baby afghan either finished and put up for the next one in the family, or in progress.................can ya tell we come from large families??? It gives me something to crochet when I can't think of what I want to start next.

usually It has to be an interesting pattern in itself to support being all white or off white which is the colors I use for "Wedding" ones.

I have a couple pics of Pineapple pattern ones

3d4fvi1.th.jpg

16e9zo8.th.jpg

and one made of intricate squares.

634fbo0.th.jpg

Foor the brides, I always do a crocheted lace edged handkerchief along with a cross bookmark (for the ones that carry Bibles). These I usually give not as wedding gifts but usually shower gifts.

I haven't crocheted any wedding gifts yet, just Bridal shower gifts, and it's normally a basket with crocheted kitchen goodies like coordinating wash clothes, topped towels, hot pads, trivets and scrubbies.

I used to custom make wedding wreaths though, I would start with a plain grape vine wreath and decorate it with silk and dried flowers, ribbons, in their wedding colors, and a small plaque where I hand paint the bride and groom's name and their wedding date.

I crocheted an afghan for a young couple at my church for a wedding shower gift. I had worked on it every day for 8 weeks. Never got a verbal thank you, thank you card, or any type of acknowledgement from them. So I don't think every young couple would enjoy receiving something crocheted. Be sure you know the people real well, before you go through all the hard work and expense.

Now they are pregnant. Guess who is NOT receiving a crocheted baby blanket.

I've given a few afghans for presents. I usually find out what the color scheme is and decide on a pattern. About the only one that I can show is this one that I made for my nephew when he got married 3 years ago.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l105/ekonkbeagles/afghans/AmishBeauty.jpg

I usually crochet something for the home. The last wedding Imade gifts for I made a set of doilies that had two sizes and then Itook the pattern and stopped it at a coaster size. It was for my cousin and do you know even though she has a two year old now she has those doilies in her living room and makes everyone use the coasters. :manyheart

Afghans are always nice, but I've made some other things that have really been nice. Last year my sister wanted a photo album as she already had her afghan. I was really pleased with the way it turned out, and they were very happy with it.

Archived