Crochet w/ Fabric Strips...Anyone do this?

I am really really interested in this. I Just ordered a book from Amazon ...QUICK CROCHET HUGE HOOKS...it has a couple of patterns for crocheting with fabric.

I bought couple of kits for purses - cute looking fabric already cut into 3/4" strips. But it's for knitting, so I am going to have to find a pattern to use for crochet.

I know MISSUSA (a member here) did that last year for St. Paddy's day. She did a purse in several different fabric patterns and it came out REALLY cute!

I haven't crocheted with fabric strips yet, but I have a lot of patterns in a couple of Leisure Arts books for fabric strips.

I do have 2 of the purse kits for knitting with fabric strips and I have a UFO on one of the kits, it looks really cool though so far.

I've made rag rugs and placemats by crocheting fabric strips. They are really easy and no pattern is needed, just a ss till it's as big as you want it.

I've thought about making purses with fabric strips. I think they would look great and be very sturdy.

• 3 years later...

Hi guys,

I want to give my personal opinion to all ladies that i have found a bag addiction site for ladies handbags and purse,it's really amazing as all kind of varieties are available here so i m jolly for that.......really.

Thanks

Regards

Lyssa Gale

I make fabric rugs all the time; use a "n" hook one strip of fabric and one strip of yarn...yarn for strength. I have made animals with fabric strips, but they come out heavy and inflexible. almost any pattern can be used but every item comes out a lot larger of course and uses a LOT of fabric. personally I found even purses come out too heavy but that is a personal choice

Archived