Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning. :sun

Cheeria, I'm glad you got the squares. :)

Tab, Lily is a beautiful baby. :hug

I misread the weather yesterday and was caught by thunder showers twice as I was getting ready to head out the door. Instead I edged some squares and got a few sewn together. Photos to follow.

Hope you have a great day. I'll be out in the yard. :yes

Here are the beginnings of my LTK around the world.

Beautiful work Sherrie...

We are up incredibly early today watching the World Cup. Germany played first and now the USA is up next...

Almost forgot! Here's a 36 inch baby ATW. Was going to make it a regular size but wasn't in love with the colors enough for that...and then learned about a neighbor who has been fostering a baby (4 mo old now) who will be released for adoption next month! So, the blanket will have a new home tomorrow.

post-8552-135897542133_thumb.jpg

Hi, LeAnna! Have fun watching Soccer...:)

Love it! Your work is amazing....:clap:cheer

NOW I need to get moving...late night book club meetings always mess me up the next day...and I can't bear to leave sucha fun group of ladies earlier than I do!

Almost forgot! Here's a 36 inch baby ATW. Was going to make it a regular size but wasn't in love with the colors enough for that...and then learned about a neighbor who has been fostering a baby (4 mo old now) who will be released for adoption next month! So, the blanket will have a new home tomorrow.

Nice design!

Okay tonight because I could not wait. :lol BTW~That is the hat I made her. :) Oh and that is me holding her, but all you can see is my shirt. ;):P Here is Lily Gail. :manyheart

Oh, Tabby, she is sooooo sweet! And the hat fits perfectly.

Linda- I can understand wanting to get some things done before starting on another quilt. But I'm sure Rosie won't let you wait too long!:lolYou can count on it! :lol :lol :lol

My DD called to tell me that her BF's brother and his wife had their baby boy yesterday! His initials turn out to be MLB (major league baseball) which is kind of fitting since BF's brother is a big baseball fan- I think it would have been ever more fitting if his initials were NYY (for New York Yankees) :lol:lol

Isn't it wild what our initials can come out as?

Here it is! Just realized that I took this pic last night when the sun was still out and there is one less square-- that's because I made another one while watching the games!

Next pic of the ghan will be when it's done, but didn't want you all to think I was slacking this week! :lol:lol

Joanne, that is so very cheerful. Great work!

Linda- wow, you have lots of projects waiting on you,and which one to do next ? You are much better at juggling lots of things than I am, so you will probably be able to toss in another 5 or 6 and do them all .

Not much else new here . I DO plan on posting photos but mine won't be til tonite. I am trying to get the RR finished today so it'll be at least ONE competed project,then I will show a couple others that are partly done .

I don't know how well I do at the juggling sometimes, Julie. Stuff for me always seems to come in last on the list. When I'm in the right mood finishing things up goes so smoothly and when I'm not in the mood they hang around forever. It sounds like you've got several things going right now, too.

WOW!!!! You are doing a great job, Sherri! I'm impressed. Big Time!

Cindy - Yeah, for reading books. :cheer Which ones?

Lissa - Have you tried a cortisone cream? Sometimes that will work wonders.

Good morning, Marlene, Judy, LeAnna, Cheeria, and Marisa.

The sun is shining in a blue sky at least for now. It's supposed to be super hot again today, so Kim and I will stay inside where it's cool. Mark and John are going to the hunting lodge this weekend to put up their deer stands and do some more work on the property. I don't envy them being out in this heat. Apparently if they put up the hunting stands now, the deer get used to them and aren't spooked by them three months from now when hunting season starts. At least, that's the theory.

I saw "Julie and Julia" a couple months ago on TV. I liked it, but it's not for everyone. It's about them both growing and learning about themselves through their cooking more than anything else. There are some truly hilarious bits in it. I especially liked when Julia was learning to dice onions and when Julie had to cook a live lobster.

More later. Hope everyone has a great Friday. Looking forward to lots of pretty pictures. :photo

Beautiful, Judy! :clap :clap :clap

Hey Tab ,how are you today, you ornery little thing ?

I am good. :devil How are you? Hanging in there I hope. :manyheart

Beautiful! That color combo is very pretty, love it. :clap

That came out beautiful. :cheer What a great home it will have. :manyheart

I will post my Friday pics. later on. I did get a little further on Jaden's RR because I decided to stop waiting for the purple yarn and just kept going. So the purple round only has 3 instead of 5 but Jaden doesn't care, he claims there is no purple in the rainbow anyways. Little booger, he is just like his momma. :lol

I have homework I am working on so I will be in and out of here all day.

Morning Marlene- good luck on finishing up the keychain ,and I hope you make it to the lake today before the rain hits. It's sunny here this morning, which is nice. We've had lots of grey mornings lately .

Jude-- your poor Smiley Guy doesn't look like he's smiling ! Rough night, or still tired ?

I have heard of the book you chose but haven't read it , or even know what it's about. I 'll have to check it out .

WOW Sherri-

That knit afghan is going to be asolutely beautiful. Very pretty colors. I especially like the pink -- what is the color called and what yarn ?

Jude- the babyghan is very pretty ! I like how the design turned out on it,very cute !

I don't know how well I do at the juggling sometimes, Julie. Stuff for me always seems to come in last on the list. When I'm in the right mood finishing things up goes so smoothly and when I'm not in the mood they hang around forever. It sounds like you've got several things going right now, too.

The sun is shining in a blue sky at least for now. It's supposed to be super hot again today, so Kim and I will stay inside where it's cool. Mark and John are going to the hunting lodge this weekend to put up their deer stands and do some more work on the property. I don't envy them being out in this heat. Apparently if they put up the hunting stands now, the deer get used to them and aren't spooked by them three months from now when hunting season starts. At least, that's the theory.

I saw "Julie and Julia" a couple months ago on TV. I liked it, but it's not for everyone. It's about them both growing and learning about themselves through their cooking more than anything else. There are some truly hilarious bits in it. I especially liked when Julia was learning to dice onions and when Julie had to cook a live lobster.

More later. Hope everyone has a great Friday. Looking forward to lots of pretty pictures. :photo

I loved Julie and Julia (went out and bought both books the movie was based on...) I loved the Julia part of the storyline the best because I could really relate...although she was living in France, we were of similar ages and somewhat work background when I went to live in Germany...the scenes of her eating in the restaurants and just going nuts over the food I could totally relate to because honestly, for the first year especially in Germany and in France I was just like that...

Of course when I'd come home to the states for visits, I'd gush over some of the food here too...you get use to certain tastes and flavors and such and you end up missing certain dishes (pancakes for example, I had to teach myself how to make pancakes like IHops because that was something that was not easy to come by in restaurants in Germany for example...)

Great movie...

LeAnna-

wow, you guys ARE up early for being in your time zone ! Hope the games go well and your team that you are cheering for wins !

Linda- I know what you mean about never getting around to making something of your own. I do the same thing . For about the past 5 years, I keep saying I need an afghan to keep in my car for the winter in case I get stranded or come upon a wreck again like I did the one winter. The poor lady flipped her van on its' side and was standing out in the snow when I came over the hill and saw her. She was freezing .I told her to sit in my car so she could warm up,and gave her my gloves to wear. I kept wishing I would've had a nice big afghan so she could wrap up in it, but NOPE,didn't have one (and still don't ) .

Tab- i'm hanging ,same as usual . Good luck on the schoolwork, let's see you Ace another class. i bet you can. You have a good head on your shoulders .

LeAnna- no rush on the photos,just whenever you get around to it will be fine.

It'll be tonite before I get mine on too . i'm trying REALLY hard to get something COMPLETE instead of posting all my STARTED projects.

Thanks, Linda. :manyheart I liked Julie & Julie. Of course you could find me watching The Art of French Cooking on pbs when I was younger. The onions and lobster bits were great scenes. I also loved the look on Julia's face during the hat making class.

Hidey Ho ,Sherri -

You always sound like you have lots of energy. wish you'd shoot some in my direction. I am like a SLOTH somedays. ... just kinda sit here until the weeds grow up around me .

Ha, I wish I did have the energy. It's all an illusion. :spin

WOW Sherri-

That knit afghan is going to be asolutely beautiful. Very pretty colors. I especially like the pink -- what is the color called and what yarn ?

Jude- the babyghan is very pretty ! I like how the design turned out on it,very cute !

Thanks Julie and Tab. :manyheart The light pink is Red Heart lt. raspberry and the dark is Red Heart magenta.

Thanks for compliments, ladies. Funny how I start making things and before you know it - there's a place for it!:D

Jude-- your poor Smiley Guy doesn't look like he's smiling ! Rough night, or still tired ?

I have heard of the book you chose but haven't read it , or even know what it's about. I 'll have to check it out .

Well, combine an evening of good discussion, a couple of glasses of wine and some snacks...all at an hour that is BEYOND my normal bedtime...and you get a sluggish me.:P It took me forever to wind down...then the bedroom was warm...had to try and adjust the AC...yadda, yadda, yadda...

I did push myself earlier this morning and managed to quickly spruce up our bedroom and bathroom.

But that's it for the day.

Google the book, Jules, and it'll tell you if it's worth getting - but on your Kindle it may be free, anyway:D

Well, off to peruse some recipes. Now that I put the recipe books where I can SEE them, it's alot more fun looking through everything.

Need to come up with a couple of ideas for Father's Day dinner. DS will be here....

Later, gators:manyheart

Archived