Need help on square 8 of 63 square blanket

sewnsew

Question

I'm posting my question here because I'm at a complete loss at what I'm doing wrong. It's the chevron relief stitch. When you look at it straight the left side looks like it's moving inward then the whole square seems to be lopsided :think:eek I've done it twice now and it's done the same thing both times. I have the right number of stitches and the correct stitches where they all belong or so I believe. lol. I've read the pattern many times and can't figure out where I could have gone wrong. Here is a picture of my square. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

square8.jpg

9 answers to this question

Hi there, I have done this one as well. The ridge will form an arrow. If I remember it sorts itself out when you get to the top. However to me it looks as though your front posts might be a bit too tight. Maybe if you loosen up a little they may not be as wonky.

I do recall that a lot of the blocks in my 63 afghan needed some serious blocking!

Sorry I cant be more of a help.

One point of technique that may help you...

your FPdc are pulling down and this is not unusual, if you can make it a point to work these loosely or work a tight FPtr you might find that you square is less "pulled about"

this is something I have been dealing with in my own work, which is why I am offering it here. :wlol

Thank you for all your help. I worked a bit looser through it and did alot of pulling and such lol I think I got it pretty close to the size of my other squares. I've noticed alot of these squares have to be redone a few times. lol

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this!!! I'm having the EXACT same problem, and what's funny is I'm using the same yarn in the exact same color, so your photo looks identical to my square. lol. I've redone this square at least 10 times, now I know I'm not crazy!

Archived