Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

I did the rest of my half blocks tonight now would you believe I still have to do the 4 remaining 9 patch blocks to put at the ends. Next time Im going to do all these blocks and half blocks first.

Next time????:think:lol

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi everyone...i have been soooooooooo missing in action lately--long story and someone told me about this CAL...........i can't read 109 pages so would someone update me on where everyone is? i would love to make this ghan if i can find the pattern

sara

Welcome, Sara. I found the pattern book at Amazon. Com. They post several different sources for used copies. I ordered a used copy last Friday, but it didn't arrive yet. Soon, I hope. I'm going to do mine in shades of blue, cream, and yellow. We seem to be in every stage of completion from "almost finished" to "waiting on the book". Marci

Wow Judianne that is beautiful, the colors make it feel very entergetic.

Well, I won the bid on the car I wanted, now I am waiting approval from the seller. I would love to go and pick up the car tonight, but I can't til I get the approval. And the auction house is 2 hours drive from here. I hope it doesn't snow much up there tonight. I will have to have it towed out then, and I want to drive it. I am sooo excited. Waiting is really nerve racking. There is no way I am sleeping tonight. But hey, I haven't slept good in the past two days anyway, so what is one more night.

Marci welcome. Your colors sound great, have fun with this pattern.

Judi that looks great, I love the colors.

Tracey wow you got your car. Im so excited for you. Now you drive it carefully back home wont you. No wheelies on the highway.

My Blue Star is sitting in a basket, sad, because I haven't touched it in a long time :( Stupid school work is consuming my time :lol Who do those teachers think they are? As soon as I finish up the 2 requested ghans I am making for a friend I promise i will finish this project :lol I still read here pretty much every day.

Tracey - yours turned out beautiful I love it.

Thanks, Tracey and Wendy - the lady who sent me the squares wasn't kidding when she said they were bright colors! I loved figuring out the pattern and working with it:c9

Wendy, that is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!:clap:c9

I love how the different colors we've picked make each ghan so very unique.

We're artists!:D ...with a :hook

Wendy. your is beautiful. I can't seem to get pictures uploaded from my computer to yahoo or photobucket for some reason. I want to post a pic of mine so far. I will keep working in it today.

I got the first 8 9 patches on and the border around those. My DH even thinks it looks cool!!!!!!!!! He asked me last night if I made one for someone else how much I would want for it. Then said.. OH!!!!!

Well, I've got 4 wedges done only. I hope to do a few more today. I don't expect to do much else. I'm coming down with a chest cold, and I'm VERY tired.... had to snowblow the 12+ inches of snow out of the driveway as DH had to leave early. Even though it's sitting on a tractor, I'm now exhausted. So, it's a bed and crochet day while watching movies with the kids, or they'llmess up the WHOLE house.. !

Wendy,

That looks so cool!

I have one more (5 total) wedge done. Think I'm finally getting the hang of them! LOL!

I'm going to go now and get another one done, maybe even keep on going. Having lots of guilt sitting and crocheting, but much of everything else is done!

Might take a little nap... feeling blah.

Nah, Judy - blah was just a mood, not a symptom! I didn't wind up doing that anyway. Now I've got another wedge done, and right now think I'll go finish the other two. They're going faster now that I've got the "pattern" figured out! LOL! And I'm almost done with them!

OK, is it me or is "STEP 2" of the directions of WEDGE wrong?

The first few lines have you attaching star to first block. Then you attach Wedge to star.... then it says to repeat from * 7 times; but if you go back to the * after finishing the "wedge", you haven't attached the 2nd block yet, and you're supposed to be back up to the point!

:think Anyone else notice this? Is this ANOTHER error here?

I've looked it over a million times, and STILL it has to be wrong. I can fudge it and get it to be right, but REALLY, shouldn't this pattern be RIGHT!?!?!?

Krystal, I'm sure Tracey knows the answer to your question, but I fudge a lot if a pattern doesn't make sense...you'll get it figured out...and the finish line is in sight!:cheer

Archived