Need ideas for wedding gift

Okay, I just found out a very close friend's son is getting married next spring. My family was very close to theirs when we lived in the same town. The son is like a brother to my DH and I. I want to make a special basket of goodies up.

I was thinking of buying a basket and filling it with crochet kitchen items and non-crochet items. I thought of dishcloths, towels, potholders, scrubbers... I thought about recipe cards with some of my favorite recipes (quick and easy ones) filled out on it. I know Nathan (son) very well and know some of his likes and dislikes. We have known them since my sons were 3 and 4 years old.

Any other thoughts??? What would you put in the basket?? I want it to be special.

When one of a dear family friend of ours was getting married, my sister came up with this wonderful idea. A new brides cookbook and in it she put gift certificates to various restaurants around town! They loved it!

Spices are always great ... if they drink coffee ... a bag of coffee beans, two mugs and crocheted mug warmers would be nice. Candles and candle holders for a romantic dinner.

When I married the first time(don't ask lol), at my shower I was "pounded" The group that did my shower got together and filled a laundry basket with things that new brides don't think of, Flour, Sugar, Spices, Salt, Pepper, Laundry Soap, Dish Detergent, Fabric Softener, Corn Meal, Vinegar, Honey, Powdered Sugar, Brown Sugar, all the baking and cooking foods they could think of, measuring spoons and cups, plastic utensils, a dish drainer, veggie peeler, cook books, etc. That gift and the afghan my grandmother crocheted for me were my very favorite gifts!

Ideas to fill it with:

crochet apron

crochet dishcloths

crochet potholders (thick hand potholder)

crochet scrubbers

crochet placemats and coasters

crochet plastic bag holder/caddy

crochet dishtowel

crochet dish deterent dress with dish detergent

crochet napkin rings

crochet cd trivet

crochet cotton bread cloth

crochet butterfly magnet

crochet recipe card holder

crochet towel topper with storebought towel

crochet lid grabber hat

crochet shopping bag

crochet water bottle holder

crochet dish handle held mop for glasses

crochet canning jar cover or topper

crochet plant hanger

crochet soft soap cover with hand soap

plus recipes and possibly utensils

My brother and his girlfriend just got married (didn't have time beforehand, they just up and did it one weekend.) And my SIL got married, too. I am making them both an 'heirloom'; my brother I'm making a table runner. I am searching for the perfect pattern for my SIL, but I'm thinking the same idea; a table runner.

Just my :2c

Tina

I don't know if you have the time for this, but how about a thread tablecloth? There are some beautiful patterns out there on the web, and they can be major heirloom pieces. I never think of a kitchen without thinking of a tablecloth as well. Just a thought. Or, how about some casserole cozies, glass cozies, napkins, silverware pockets, things like that.

Archived