Newbie HAT Crochet-a-Longs (CAL)

Cranky Crocheter

{{thread hijack}}

OK.....I just have to ask, cuz I can't find the answer anywhere else.....what is RAOK? I've seen it all over the place here, and the curiosity is KILLING me!!! :confused

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
{{thread hijack}}

OK.....I just have to ask, cuz I can't find the answer anywhere else.....what is RAOK? I've seen it all over the place here, and the curiosity is KILLING me!!! :confused

It means Random Acts of Kindness. Once you reach 40 posts, and 60 days, you will be able to see the forums for that. You post a wish list, and people grant your wishes, and you can grant other people's wishes as well.

I made a couple hats for my 8 month old son and 5 month old nephew. so I have a couple really simple patterns. all you have to do for an adult is add a few more foundation chs and a couple more rows if anyone wants the pattern just email me

How did you see the stitches in that yarn though? I'd think it would be horrible to work with.

:hi

i used a 9mm hook so the stiches are big and i just felt for the next stich ;) once you get the hang of it its easy peasy !

its shocking yarn to work with if the hook is smaller:angry :angry :angry so much that i never do it anymore :lol i learnt that the hard way !

Well... I made a homespun scarf so i just used the left over yarn to make a hat... I played around with the pattern a bit and worked in a spiral like mess... I guess if you can put it on your head... its a hat right?:yes

Sorry I can't resize the pic... I know its huge but don;t let that scare ya!

hat003.jpg

OK, now I feel a challenge coming on...... Cranky Crocheter, I tried mine using Homespun, and just hated it! Now I'm going to have to try again! :)

I'll let you know........

I absolutely LOVE Homespun. I'm going tonight to get 5 skeins of it to make a shawl for a party I'm going to next week. It is hard to work with. My best advice is to use a bigger hook than is called for, just for the foundation chain. That keeps it a bit looser in the long run, and you can see your work a bit better.

I made several shawls with Homespun for Christmas, and I found my K hook worked great. For some reason, though, with sc I have trouble with it........ :sigh I am determined to try again, tho!!

Yay! I finally got the picture!:yay

dsc00396ge2.th.jpg

I made the crown way to big, so I had to decrease alot later on, but I think it's ok for a first try. Like Cranky Crocheter said: If it fits on your head, I guess it's a hat.

I wore it all around the house today to cover up my weird haircut. LOL

You can click to make it bigger.

Archived