2 New Patterns on my Blog

lilmari

yay! the first one is for that cable purse, which i posted yesterday, also on design help here at crochetville, but so far nobody has helped me :(

http://yeenmachine.blogspot.com/2006/12/its-beautiful-but-i-cant-write-pattern.html

and the second one is the Alien Invasion Ipod Jacket (for ipod shuffle)

http://yeenmachine.blogspot.com/2006/12/alien-invasion-ipod-jacket-for-ipod.html

yay!!

I got this far so far but I have to start supper now...

Chain 22

Rows 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc across, ch1, turn

Row 2: sc in first sc, FPDC (twice), sc in next 5 sc, FPDC, sc in next sc, (FPDC, sc in next sc ) 3 times, sc in the next 5 sc, FPDC (twice), sc, ch1

Row 3: sc in first sc, BPDC (twice), sc in next 5 sc, BPDC, sc in next sc, (BPDC, sc in next sc ) 3 times, sc in the next 5 sc, BPDC (twice), sc, ch1

Rows 4-7: repeat rows 2 and 3

OK I'll give it a shot for you...

I'm assuming there are no rows of BPdc like needlesandpinza said but rather that you are doing FPdc in the 2nd row below (on previous FPdc) and you are doing rows of plain sc every other row....

From your blog:

"it starts with 21 sc.there are three rows of sc in the beginning.

then sc in 1st sc, twin cables with fpdc, sc in next 5. fpdc, sc, fpdc, until there are 3 cables with 2 spaces of 1sc. then 5 sc after that. and end like it started, with twin cables (fpdc in each of next 2 sc) and an sc in the last stitchalternate fpdc rows and sc rows

you make the cables that way til there are 3 rows with cables, which is 7 rows, but the lines (who gets me here? the lines that come out so u can count rows of stitches by 2) the lines will be 3."

Translation:

Row 1: ch 22, sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across, ch 1 turn (21sc)

Row 2-3: sc in each sc across, ch 1 turn (21sc)

Row 4: sc in first sc, FPdc around next 2 sc from row 2, sc in next 5 sc, (FPdc around next sc from row 2, sc in next sc) 3 times, sc in next 4 sc, FPdc around next 2 sc from row 2, sc in last sc, ch1, turn.

Row 5: repeat row 3

Row 6: sc in first sc, (FPdc around FPdc from 2 rows below)twice, sc in next 5 sc, (FPdc around next FPdc from 2 rows below, sc in next sc) 3 times, sc in next 4 sc, (FPdc around FPdc from 2 rows below)twice, sc in last sc, ch1, turn.

Row 7: repeat row 3

Row 8: repeat row 6

Row 9: repeat row 3

From blog:

"on the 8th row, its the "twist" row. work the same way with the first two fpdc's, then instead of making an sc in each of next 5, sc in next 7. then make an fpdc around the post of the first fpdc in prev. row. you'll have to reach back, and it will look like a backslash. sc in next, fpdc in the next fpdc of prev. row. sc in next 5, then fpdc in each of next 2 and end row with sc in last sc.

make 3 cable rows (remember alternate sc and fpdc rows!) "straight", then make one more "twist" row.

then make 3 more "straight" cable rows, and end the side with a row of sc..."

Row 10: sc in first sc, (FPdc around FPdc from 2 rows below)twice, sc in next 7 sc, FPdc around first FPdc from 2 rows below, sc in next sc, FPdc around 2nd FPdc from 2 rows below, sc in next 5 sc, (FPdc around FPdc from 2 rows below)twice, sc in last sc, ch1, turn.

Row 11-17: repeat rows 3-9

Row 18: repeat row 10

Row 19-25: repeat rows 3-9

From blog:

"the other side: make an sc row in back loops only, this way the purse can fold easy and you wont have to count so hard when stitching up the sides later. plus its a fringe facilitator work this side the same as the other one, ending with a row of sc."

Row 26: sc in BLO of each st across, ch 1 turn

Row 27-50: repeat rows 2-25

From blog:

"ch1, turn.sl st back, into 2nd to last sc of last row.

ch1, sc over the stitches u just sl st'ed into, and (you have to fold the piece now thanks)

sc in the last 2 sts.... in the free loops of the first row u ever worked."

(:think I think I have this)

To connect sides and form first row of strap...

Row 51: sl st in first 2 sc (last 2 sc of row 50). ch1, turn

Row 52: Do 2 sc (putting sc into the 2 sc from row 50 that you just sl st'd into) and folding the purse in half, place 2 sc in the last 2 stitches of the foundation row. (4sc) ch1, turn

From blog:

"and the strap is worked this way:alternate sc and fpdc rows... the fpdc rows have (sc, fpdc in each of next 2 sts, sc) and the strap can be however long u want, as long as u end with an sc row, then sl st or whipstich (whichever) the strap to the other side, the same way, with the 2 firsts of each side of the work. fasten off and stuff"

Strap:

(Counting row 52 as row 1 of the strap)

Row 2-3: sc in each sc across, ch 1 turn (4sc)

Row 4: sc in first sc, FPdc around next 2 sc from row 2, sc in last sc, ch1, turn.

Row 6: sc in first sc, (FPdc around FPdc from 2 rows below)twice, sc in last sc, ch1, turn.

Repeat rows 6-7 until strap is as long as you wish, making sure to end with row 7.

Attach strap at other end, whipstitching or slip stitching to 2 sc on the front panel and 2 sc on the back panel of the purse.

"then whip stitch the sides together, and make fringey things and attach them to those stitches that u worked in back loops only.and voila!"

Whipstitch the sides together, weave in ends.

Add fringe to BLOsc row.

OK that's my best attempt!

OK I'll give it a shot for you...

I'm assuming there are no rows of BPdc like needlesandpinza said but rather that you are doing FPdc in the 2nd row below (on previous FPdc) and you are doing rows of plain sc every other row....

From your blog:

"it starts with 21 sc.there are three rows of sc in the beginning.

then sc in 1st sc, twin cables with fpdc, sc in next 5. fpdc, sc, fpdc, until there are 3 cables with 2 spaces of 1sc. then 5 sc after that. and end like it started, with twin cables (fpdc in each of next 2 sc) and an sc in the last stitchalternate fpdc rows and sc rows

you make the cables that way til there are 3 rows with cables, which is 7 rows, but the lines (who gets me here? the lines that come out so u can count rows of stitches by 2) the lines will be 3."

Translation:

Row 1: ch 22, sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across, ch 1 turn (21sc)

Row 2-3: sc in each sc across, ch 1 turn (21sc)

Row 4: sc in first sc, FPdc around next 2 sc from row 2, sc in next 5 sc, (FPdc around next sc from row 2, sc in next sc) 3 times, sc in next 4 sc, FPdc around next 2 sc from row 2, sc in last sc, ch1, turn.

Row 6: sc in first sc, (FPdc around FPdc from 2 rows below)twice, sc in next 5 sc, (FPdc around next FPdc from 2 rows below, sc in next sc) 3 times, sc in next 4 sc, (FPdc around FPdc from 2 rows below)twice, sc in last sc, ch1, turn.

Row 8: repeat row 6

Row 9: repeat row 3

From blog:

"on the 8th row, its the "twist" row. work the same way with the first two fpdc's, then instead of making an sc in each of next 5, sc in next 7. then make an fpdc around the post of the first fpdc in prev. row. you'll have to reach back, and it will look like a backslash. sc in next, fpdc in the next fpdc of prev. row. sc in next 5, then fpdc in each of next 2 and end row with sc in last sc.

make 3 cable rows (remember alternate sc and fpdc rows!) "straight", then make one more "twist" row.

then make 3 more "straight" cable rows, and end the side with a row of sc..."

Row 10: sc in first sc, (FPdc around FPdc from 2 rows below)twice, sc in next 7 sc, FPdc around first FPdc from 2 rows below, sc in next sc, FPdc around 2nd FPdc from 2 rows below, sc in next 5 sc, (FPdc around FPdc from 2 rows below)twice, sc in last sc, ch1, turn.

Row 11-17: repeat rows 3-9

Row 18: repeat row 10

Row 19-25: repeat rows 3-9

From blog:

"the other side: make an sc row in back loops only, this way the purse can fold easy and you wont have to count so hard when stitching up the sides later. plus its a fringe facilitator work this side the same as the other one, ending with a row of sc."

Row 26: sc in BLO of each st across, ch 1 turn

Row 27-50: repeat rows 2-25

From blog:

"ch1, turn.sl st back, into 2nd to last sc of last row.

ch1, sc over the stitches u just sl st'ed into, and (you have to fold the piece now thanks)

sc in the last 2 sts.... in the free loops of the first row u ever worked."

(:think I think I have this)

To connect sides and form first row of strap...

Row 51: sl st in first 2 sc (last 2 sc of row 50). ch1, turn

Row 52: Do 2 sc (putting sc into the 2 sc from row 50 that you just sl st'd into) and folding the purse in half, place 2 sc in the last 2 stitches of the foundation row. (4sc) ch1, turn

From blog:

"and the strap is worked this way:alternate sc and fpdc rows... the fpdc rows have (sc, fpdc in each of next 2 sts, sc) and the strap can be however long u want, as long as u end with an sc row, then sl st or whipstich (whichever) the strap to the other side, the same way, with the 2 firsts of each side of the work. fasten off and stuff"

Strap:

(Counting row 52 as row 1 of the strap)

Row 2-3: sc in each sc across, ch 1 turn (4sc)

Row 4: sc in first sc, FPdc around next 2 sc from row 2, sc in last sc, ch1, turn.

Row 6: sc in first sc, (FPdc around FPdc from 2 rows below)twice, sc in last sc, ch1, turn.

Repeat rows 6-7 until strap is as long as you wish, making sure to end with row 7.

Attach strap at other end, whipstitching or slip stitching to 2 sc on the front panel and 2 sc on the back panel of the purse.

"then whip stitch the sides together, and make fringey things and attach them to those stitches that u worked in back loops only.and voila!"

Whipstitch the sides together, weave in ends.

Add fringe to BLOsc row.

OK that's my best attempt!

wow.. u are so cool! thats almost all right! :D thank you sooo much :hug

flyinghooks- you understood everything in that project (AWESOME!) i just read your translation over like 5 times and i should have omitted the "almost" in my last post... sowwy! :P that is really neat how u did that! thanks!

leesa- the purse i made was 7" wide x 7" tall, not counting the strap or fringe since you can make those as long or short as you want

thanks! i thought about deleting the post from my blog and putting up the pattern as translated by flyinghooks, but then i got lazy :D so i just edited the post and gave props :hook with links to crochetville and the translation on this thread

hurray!

Archived