Football afghans?

becjac67

Question

Does anyone know where I could find afghan patterns for specific football teams? I supposed it would be the graph type of pattern but it doesn't really matter.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

16 answers to this question

He is turning 13 in November. I think he wants the neck pillow that goes around his neck that he can take in the car with him too! I've seen one pattern for one at CPC, I just havent put one together. I may be doing the masculine square swap afghan for him for his birthday. I havent put together those squares yet from the square swap at the crochet-knitting board. It was going to be for my husband, but we have quite a few lapghans around anyways and I know my stepson would love to have an afghan over his bed. It would really shock him too since I could only work on it while he's in school, and I received the squares while he was at summer break at his moms house so I dont think he really remembers anything about it!

Thanks for the suggestion...I've never really done any graph patterns before but it's definitely an option if I don't find what Im looking for.

Right now two teams for sure...but there might be another later on... just not sure which one yet. The two I know I would like to have are the Cleveland Browns and the Green Bay Packers. Not that I want to make ugly football afghans LOL...but it's something I can make for my boys that they might appreciate. They just aren't into the ponchos and hats like my girls are LOL.

Hi, I was wondering if you ever got a graph/pattern for the Green Bay afghan? I'm wanting to make one, too!

I don't know of any patterns, but I thought I would throw out an idea here... My mom has knitted a Purdue afghan (two different ones, actually) and a Ball state afghan, making the gragh herself. I say, make a graph using the team's name or mascot name and go from there. If you want to make one with a pic of the mascot, I'm no help to you, lol. Good luck!!

Hey, I was wondering if you could share a photo & maybe the patterns of the Ball State and Purdue afghans? I attend Ball State, and my brother goes to Purdue! LOL.

Thanks so much Chelle! I appreciate it very much. How old is your stepson? I saw a really cool pillow pattern at freepatterns.com in the shape of a crayon but it was huge...not just a neck pillow. I figure a younger boy might like something like that. My boys are 10, 14 and 16 so that won't really work anymore.

I completely agree, that's one reason why I feel so lucky to have girls cause I can crochet them practically anything!! I have yet to crochet something for my stepson - he wants a neck pillow but I bet he would love an afghan too. I do know of some sports graphs, let me find them and I will email you.

Thanks Chelle. I did think of that...and I figured that I would ask and see if there's anything out there and if I can't come up with something then that's probably what I'll do. It's so hard to make things for boys and there are sooo manythings to do for girls LOL.

Thanks for the suggestion...I've never really done any graph patterns before but it's definitely an option if I don't find what Im looking for.

Right now two teams for sure...but there might be another later on... just not sure which one yet. The two I know I would like to have are the Cleveland Browns and the Green Bay Packers. Not that I want to make ugly football afghans LOL...but it's something I can make for my boys that they might appreciate. They just aren't into the ponchos and hats like my girls are LOL.

I don't know of any patterns, but I thought I would throw out an idea here... My mom has knitted a Purdue afghan (two different ones, actually) and a Ball state afghan, making the gragh herself. I say, make a graph using the team's name or mascot name and go from there. If you want to make one with a pic of the mascot, I'm no help to you, lol. Good luck!!

Archived