Need some Ideas

Msbarjam

Question

11 answers to this question

oops sorry I guess I should of given a bit more details. :oops

I am wanting a rectangle long one that way when she sits down she wont sit on it. She lives in Phonex AZ and in the winter she says she gets the chills. So I was wanting something not too thick but something to keep the chills away. Any suggestions? :thinking2

~Barb

You could crochet a rectangle like you said, then for pockets you would just crochet a square and sew it on. OOOhhh, you know what would be good, would be where the pockets are inside the wrap, so she holds the wrap around herself by putting her hands inside in the pockets..... ?

There is one on the Lion Brand website called a Patriotic Wrap. I am working on one for myself where I took a ripple pattern afghan and just did three ripples, so it looks like a scalloped edge. Then I will make one ripple for a pocket and put eyelash yarn on the top of the pocket for accent. I have not finished it yet but I have most done. I am making it with LB Homespun and it is so soft. Here is the pattern I used to make the wrap. http://www.coatsandclark.com/fun_and_free/knit_out_2003/lw1238.htm I chained 51 (three sets of 17) which makes it 18". I am making to seperate peices in order for both sides to be the same then I will join them.

Heather

There's also a square wrap pattern on the Lion Brand site that's supposed to be made out of Microspun, but you could adjust it to any other sport weight yarn, I'm sure.

Microspun Ripple Shawl

I'm currently making this pattern with the Mango Microspun, and I love love LOVE the way that it's turning out. It would be pretty easy to add a pocket to it, too, in the same ripple pattern.

oooh I like! So much better than what I was coming up with. I for some odd reason couldnt find anything that wasnt lacy or was done with double strands. Thank you for your help these patterns will help me! Thank you again!:)h

~Barb

This is for loranger329,

I am currently sitting at my desking wearing the shawl that youy are making, and it is made out of microspun in mango. How weird is that? It is the softest thing ever. In fact, I have a summer intern who sits next to me and he is forever cuddling with my shawl. At least someone appreciates my work

Laura

:elly

:knit Ok I started on the wrap. I am using the microspun Ripple shawl that was suggested and I LOVE microspun its so soft and cozy it was the perfect yarn I was looking for and the pattern seems to be working up pretty fast! I am gonna try to add some pockets to it on the inside (thank you Chelle for that idea) that way she can wear it as a wrap and no one will see the pockets. I will try to post some pictures when I get it done, my DH is working on our website right now so hopefully I can hurry him along so I can share pictures. Thank you ladies again for the help!

~Barb:ty

Hello! I'm also working on the Lionbrand ripple wrap and I love it. I'm using Plymouth Baby Alpaca and it is just stitching up lovely, here's a picture (I'm a bit further this this now):

www.angelfire.com/magic/b.../wrap1.jpg

Its looser than I had intended, but the more I get stitched, the more I love it!

Archived