The Wavy Fan Stitch Stole is done!!!

Tiga

Bonita - I used Caron Simply Soft in Lavender and for the fringe it's Homespun, but I forget the specific shade - I think it may be discontinued.

I got the stitches from the Harmony 300 Stitches book - the top and bottom are the wavy fan stich and the middle is the lacy fan stitch. I had to fudge it a bit since they have different multiples, but not by much.

I'm going to have to make another one so I can write down what I do as I do it. My mom is really in love with it, so I think I'll surprise her with one for Mother's Day.

Thanks Tiga for letting me know the type of yarn. I haven't attempted a stole, but seeing yours makes me want to attempt one. It's one of the nicest stoles I've seen.

Thanks Tiga for letting me know the type of yarn. I haven't attempted a stole, but seeing yours makes me want to attempt one. It's one of the nicest stoles I've seen.

It was actually pretty easy, and if you did a more simple stitch pattern, wouldn't be any harder than a scarf. It's just a big scarf, really. A little wider and longer, maybe, but a giant scarf, nonetheless.

I had to make this one fancy-schmancy b/c my friend sent me a stupid amount of money for it. I thought she was just going to send some to pay for yarn and she sent me $80! So I had to make it worth what she sent, lol!

The best thing is that gauge doesn't matter, since they are pretty much one size fits most. You just make a chain however long or wide you want it (depending on the stitch you use; I started my chain along the long end since my stitch had an "up" and "down"), and go to town!

Archived