Chess Knight Pillow

donnalynn2

I made this for my hubby. It worked up in about a day and I'm going to make the rest of the pieces to complete the set! One side is black and the other is white. It's a little tricky getting the pattern written down but once it is, it's a breeze to make! I'm thinking of selling the pattern in my Etsy store... Do you think there may be a market for these or if my hubby the only one who would like chess pillows?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/donnalynn2/Website%20Pics/knightpillow001.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/donnalynn2/Website%20Pics/knightpillow002.jpg

Very cute! I think a couple of them (maybe the knight and the rook, for instance) would be more interesting to people than just the one, because then the theme is easy to see. (Oops, on rereading your post I see that you're planning to make all the rest of the pieces. I would probably buy/make 2 or 3, but not 5 or 6 different ones... not enough room on the couch!)

Lots of people like chess! :) I'd probably buy one, if not for myself then as a gift for someone else.

Great pillow, it turned out very well.

-- Michelle

How about a rook, king and queen.... but also do a plain square cushion that that is black and white squares like the chess board, or even a rug like a chess board. Sorry I am giving you more work.

I think they are very effective.

How about a rook, king and queen.... but also do a plain square cushion that that is black and white squares like the chess board, or even a rug like a chess board. Sorry I am giving you more work.

I think they are very effective.

I love that idea cupcake! I am definately going to make one of each of the other pieces with the exception of the pawn. My hubby says nobody makes pawns. LOL I like the idea of maybe a little chessboard rug to go along with it!

I just started on the bishop and should have it finished by weeks end.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

• 2 months later...

Sorry I forgot to update this! After my computer crashed I lost everything including the pattern for this pillow. I am trying to find my notes so I can re-write it. As soon as I do, I'll e-mail those who wished to test it for me. Sorry about that but my computer crashed the day after I saved this pattern to my hard drive. Figures, huh?

Archived