Ribbon Crochet Pattern

charkitty

Question

I recently purchased tons of ribbon from a Franks Nursery/Craft going out of business sale. It's good quality ribbon and it was dirt cheap (what a great combination!). Ribbon is a an assortment of satin, sheer organza/satin in colors of navy blue, burgundy, gold, yellow and black. Sizes range from 1/4-1/2 inches wide.

I've been considering making an evening bag. Any suggestions as to what can be crocheted with ribbon? Has anyone crocheted with actual ribbon?

Would really appreciate your input. Thanks

charkitty

7 answers to this question

I made a scarf recently out of the Lion Brand Ribbon Yarn..it was like crocheting with ribbon...you really have to count your stitches so you don't miss one!!

Here's a photo of it...

img.photobucket.com/album...806840.jpg

I think evening bags, scarfs, flowers, ponchos or even an afghan would look good with ribbon. Or you could use it for "accents" on other pieces you make!! Possiblities are endless :idea

Donna

( lurked for ages - but gotta chat now!!LOL)

I have a knitted cardigan ( mohair and ribbon) it has the ribbon as an accent( knitted into it) - on the top of the pockets/ on one row of the ribbing..../and buttonhole border- looks really nice. ( also intermittantly thru the pattern)Try using it as accents on ordinary crochet things - it would be just stunning( I crochet- my mum is the knitter!!)

OOHH - and I just was at a quilt/sewing festival today - ( they had all sorts of stuff there- stamping/beading etc) they had these FAB necklaces- "fiber necklaces" using about 6/7 strands of decorative 'Fiber" ( ribbon/yarn/etc....) and say 3 large big 'glob' style beads attached to it - STUNNING!!!!!

go for it !!!

Thanks for your input, ladies...I knew I could count on this group for some interesting ideas. This group is so nice, helpful, and creative.

Along with an evening purse, I think I will make a shawl and use ribbon to accent. Since I have so much ribbon, I think all my future projects will have a ribbon accent, accent, accent!!! LOL

Donna, your scarf if beautiful...love the color!

Charkitty:bounce

Thanks for the idea. I am really looking for other materials to crochet with. I've seen a pattern somewhere that uses ribbon, but I've never really tried it myself. i guess i should give this a try as the possibilities are endless!:woohoo

:heart ,

Fe

Donna, that's a lovely scarf! :)h

As for ribbon uses... embellishments, too, of course. I did a baby ghan and edged it in a wide ribbon. I also have seen afghans with yarn woven through the spaces (like the points of a ripple ghan), you could do that with ribbon too.

~Tricia

Archived