I need some ideas for a mohair shawl - pretty swatch inside!

mrs who

Question

A friend gave me 10 1/2 balls of kid mohair lace weight wool in this beautiful colorway:

mohairswatch.jpg

(The swatch is just sc on several different size hooks - I was swatching for gauge.)

I think this HAS to be a shawl, but I have no idea what to choose! Should it be triangular so I can tie it over my shoulders? Should it be a lacey pattern or will that take away from the colorway?

Any ideas? :thinking2

7 answers to this question

Somewhere out there, there is a LA (I think) pattern book for wraps that has a pic on the cover of a girl with a long, orange, rectanglar wrap. I haven't bought it, but I think it would be perfect for that yarn if you're able to find it... I guess I will go hunt for a link!

Thank you! I tried so hard to find it online and I could not! I think they maybe use Divine yarn for that wrap, I've not bought the book cuz that's like the only pattern I like. But it is open enough to show off the yarn and soo cozy looking!

I was able to find it with Alisha's (right?) help! Here's the link for the wrap I'm thinking of!

What beautiful colors.. wow

I think I've seen that book actually... was it the one that had the rectangular shawl that was clasped with a pretty brooch on the front? Would a clip or brooch (sp??) stretch mohair thread like that?

That's truly yummy.. wow

Archived