CALLING ALL HARRY POTTER FANS!!! House Scarf Along

Happy_Hooker

Who would like to CAL Harry Potter Scarves??? There is no restriction on yarn or stitch...

The "House" colors are as follows...

Gryffindor: Scarlet and Gold

Ravenclaw:Blue and Bronze (can substitute brown)

Slytherin: Green and Silver (can substitute white

Hufflepuff: Yellow and Black

If you are not sure which house you belong in, take a small quiz by enrolling as a student here http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/

The pattern from the scarves worn in the movies is a just a bold stripe, and can be simply accomplished by alternating colors every few rows... I'd like to see what other ideas people come up with though...

If you don't want to use these colors, you can also use colors for your school... (or your kids')

Being a "Gryffindor" I will be making my scarf out of Lionbrand Microsun Buttercup and Cherry Red. I really love that stuff... it is SOOO soft.

*I also wanted to add that you don't need to make a winter scarf... it could be made out of lighter yarn. This is more for "house unity." than anything else ; )

Let the magic begin! :2magic

I LOVE Harry Potter! Am I too old to be a fan? LOL

I think I will incorporated this into the 15 week scarf along that I'm participating in, and it will become one of the scarves. Of course I will have to do a Gryffindor scarf. :)

If I wasn't so backed up in making things I would participate is there a end date for these scarfs? I am in Gryffindor every time I take a house test how cool is that?

I would love to join, too, but I already made Ravenclaw and Gryffindor scarves for two of my kids last year. (Movie Ravenclaw scarves are blue and silver; book Ravenclaw is blue and bronze. I couldn't find either silver or bronze so I did blue and tan.) I also made a Slytherin scarf for my nephew using dark green and light gray, since I couldn't find silver.

The first two movies' scarves were equal stripes but movies 3 and 4 have been the predominant color with two skinny stripes of the other color near each other. They're all quite long. I think I made my daughter's way too long...she can wrap it around her several times and still have a lot left over. :)

I have tons of projects I'm working on but if I get a chance and some extra yarn, I'll join in and make myself an HP scarf...I've been wanting one for a while!

Well-if we can do school colors I am in. :) My son just started playing football this year and I want to make myself a big long scarf to wear to his games, cuz it has been cooooolld every game day so far. Incidently, his school colors are orange & black so I guess it can double as a Halloween scarf too huh?

I am making a sweater for myself right now... however, my son wants a slytherin scarf. I may join late if this is still going on when I am done with the sweater.

Archived