Could anyone host a beginner....

craftygirl2

I would help out more with this crochet along but I got a request for a blanket from a fellow co worker. She has a friend that is in the hospital he just found out he has lukemia and is now a resident of the hospital until further notice and all his friends bring him candy and soda not things he could actually use.

Okay well I finished one sock and I made a cluster pattern on the top cuff it still barely comes above my ankle and appears to be a little big. I'm gonna try and post a pic of it tonite. I dont think it looks to much like a sock more like a slipper maybe lol. The heel was weird and feels like it might poke me on the sides so somewhere I am sure I messed that one up but you cant tell. Thank you for all your help ladies. :clap

Okay well I finished one sock and I made a cluster pattern on the top cuff it still barely comes above my ankle and appears to be a little big. I'm gonna try and post a pic of it tonite. I dont think it looks to much like a sock more like a slipper maybe lol. The heel was weird and feels like it might poke me on the sides so somewhere I am sure I messed that one up but you cant tell. Thank you for all your help ladies. :clap

Congrats Andrea! :cheer:clap:cheer Now go make that 2nd sock!

Andrea you sock looks great! You used the new pattons wool soy yarn right?

Definitely give sock yarn a try.

I really like Sockotta sock yarn and I just bought some sock yarn from knitpicks. If you go here, you can find lots sock yarn suggestions/reviews.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/amcarver/crochetslipper.jpg

Not sure I am going to attempt its mate just cuz I think I just need to somhow find a different yarn to make it appear more like a sock not a slipper. May still need to experiment a little more but at least I have it lol.

Great job Andrea - it looks terrific...:cheer:clap:cheer

To look more like a sock you can try a alternating fpdc, bpdc to create a ribbing.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else working on socks?

I just started a Top Down sock pattern rather than the one I planned on. I doing the Easy Does it pattern in Crocheted Socks! by Janet Rehfeldt and Mary Wood.

I'm using Paton Kroy yarn that I got from my Secret Pal (I got the book from my pal too)

266101076_a5ee3be425_m.jpg

I'm wearing a pair of crocheted socks I made few months ago using a toe-up sock pattern.

I tried to print the crochet me ones but I can't for some reason keep it from moving to the right and part of the directions do not print off.

Scroll down, there is a link for a printer friendly version.:yes

any time I have tried the front and back posts I think they look stupid. I have never used that stitch for anything really.

I used the fpdc and bpdc for the top down socks and it doesn't look too bad especially when you are using sock yarn it doesn't look as bulky. You can always try it and if you don't like it frog away ;)

The edging I like best so far with the few socks I have made is all fpdc around.

Anyone else made some socks recently? Or have some on the hook?

I finished my Easy Does It socks

268246883_b6551e26ba_s.jpg

and just started a toe-up pattern trying to follow the tutorial here.

You can see some of my progress so far here(clickable):

270342733_1aba09bcea_s.jpg270344653_6a7261dce8_s.jpg270344669_f110279b72_s.jpg

I'm making a rib stitch pattern on the top of the sock and sc for the sole of the sock. I plan to use the rib stitch to make a pattern in the leg of the sock.

I'm using Knit Picks Essential and a D hook. My hook is purple too:) I'm making both socks a the same time. I have about 3 more inches or so to go on both before I get to start the heel.

Hi everyone;

I just started my socks, and I only have the ribbing started. I'm using the pattern I designed for Crochet Me a couple of years ago (yes, those are my big feet in the photo). If it will help, I can post each step as I complete it.

Here's what I have so far. I'm going to work the ribbing until it's 7 1/2 inches long. The pattern says 8 inches, but the last time I made these they were a little loose. You want it to go around your ankle, fitting however tight you want your sock to feel.

nightskiescuff.0.jpg

:ladybug Pam

Archived