Beautiful Sweater - Floral Fantasy Pullover

flyinghooks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am unfortunately going to have to put this off for at least a few weeks. I have lots of work to do with classes and with my business before the end of the semester so that I can relax during winter break.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - Glad to have you join us.. someone finished a version... I'll have to go hunt up the show-n-tell threads and link them to the first post. I actually re-started assembling mine after putting it down in favor of other wips. I hope to have it done tonight...if I can find the hook I lost last night!! I'm still not sure about the collar... more later!

OK I've decided, with my yarn (double stranded Sirdar Salsa DK) that the scalloped edging will NOT work. :thumbdown The 5 dc scallops are way too stiff and make the sleeves really "bell" and the bottom edge of the sweater sticks out like it has crinoline under it. Time to :frog !!! just the edgings that is... of course I need to decide on an alternate edging ... maybe just some sc on the ch-4 loops to add a bit of weight to the edges:scrachin

I've also decided I just don't like the way the collar lies on me. I might just leave it off....:think My dd has already decided it's a perfect scarf or her!

So close and yet so far... :thair

Is anyone else this far along?

I finally finished my sweater - albeit with a bunch of modifications! This blog post has a bunch of details (including photo), but basically I nixed the flared sleeves, changed the edging to a simple sc instead of 5dc scallop, and took off the collar.

So what do you guys think?

Any one else making some progress on this sweater?

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If anyone happens to come along this thread, since its been about a year, I have a question on the underarm shaping... The pattern says to start at the bottom right of the sleeve rectangle, does this mean the rectangle made of the 4 A squares, not adding an edge to the 2 B squares at the end of the sleeve? Or do I start at the very bottom of the sleeve which would be at the B squares that create the bell? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I don't have an answer to your question, I just wanted to "bump" this up to see if anyone wants to pick it up? I've finished my flannel-ghans and am ready to start on "me" patterns. I'm working on the Bernat Hoodie but want to work on this one a bit as well. I don't know how much time I'll have to dedicate, though, since school also starts up again on the 7th. Yikes!! :)

Archived