My Tote for my Swap Partner!

KnicKnac

Hello!

I made a tote for my swap partner, after not even knowing what a "tote" was! :lol

I am pretty pleased with it, and it seems she is also. I got the idea for the tote from this thread:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27184

She used one of Etaria's (Lisa) free patterns (Thick Warm Winter Crochet Hat) for the stitch repeats, which is what I ended up doing also, but I made it a bit taller than she did, and kinda winged the handles. The only thing I would do different if I were to do this again is to make the opening a bit wider. I was trying to get away from having any sort of fastener on it. But I did test it by putting all of my junk from my purse into it to see if it would work, and it did so I sent it! :lol

Be careful if you go to Lisa's site...it can be very addicting. She is one awesome designer!!!

Anyhoo, here are the pics. I used Lion Brand Cotton in Purple, with a "H" hook. I lined it. The picture where the purse is open and showing the lining is more true to the actual color of the purse.

Thanks for looking!

purse-closed.jpg

purse-open.jpg

Jenny! Yes, it's free, isn't that da BOMB! But any of her patterns are well worth the money spent. Everything she has is gorgeous in my opinion.

Thank you all for looking and for such kind words!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived