News on How My Doilies Placed at the Fair

The Shrone

My dad previous e-mailed me to day to say that he had attended the fair and saw both of my doilies that I had entered.

After I confessed I've been dying to know the results, he told me. According to him I took first place :woo

but that I also got an honorable mention.

:eek Honorable mention? :eek

Yes, I should be thrilled with the first place, which I am, because at long last I got a blue ribbon--but I don't know on which doily! He didn't specify.

But back to that honorable mention. That's got me a little stumped. :think I just can't believe it!

Thoughts are running through my mind to explain the honorable mention. I'll only know what's up when I see it for myself. I wonder if there's someway I can convince Loving Husband we need to attend much sooner than the 19th!

~ Lori

*** This saga continues like a crazy soap opera episode over at this

post. The actual results were found out today.***

Congratulations Lori

I must admit I would be a bit shall we say disappointed at the "honourable mention". :think As for your loving husband, I would spoil him rotten for a day or two and then suggest going early.

I know myself when I enter things in our local fair, I am just itching to get into the exhibition hall and see how I went. My problem is that with the Firebrigade we have a stall there, so we are at the fair a couple of hours earlier to set up, The brigade now know not to have me rostered for set up as I am useless, all I want to do is see if I won.

Congratulations again on your first place, make sure you post a picture of your winning doily and its ribbon for us all to see

SUPER!!!!

Betcha there were sooo many wonderful ones to decide from.....and to get two ribbons.....no matter what the place....is fantastic (imo). Maybe the judges try to give everyone a chance and dont award to the same person? But I have no idea how that stuff works! GREAT!!!!

Fantastic on the blue ribbon, and on the honorable mention. I know how I am about our fairs, I'd be anxious to. I'm sure your DH will take you before your Bday. Honorable mention? I know they both deserved first, will be waiting to see you post pics with the ribbons.

Archived