Coronation Medallion

Miss USA

I notice that the person who made the doilies missed doing the little top like it is in the pattern. I can't see it well, but maybe it is like a 3 pt picot or something and they only made one going up. Since they did it twice, I have to wonder if there was some part missing in the pattern instructions that caused it to not come out like the picture.

PS - I agree with you, I'd snapped that right up, it all looks heavenly :)

AHA! someone noticed!!! I did and redid those crosses and followed the pattern to a T. I even considered making them my own way, but figured what the heck, Ill just leave them that way. I wish Id made my own version of the crosses, Im sure it would have passed better, but oh well, it was just a lil freebee flyer pattern. :blush

• 2 weeks later...

At first I thought the pattern was created shortly after Elizabeth's coronation, but I'd forgotten until I looked it up: The coronation of Elizabeth II took place June 2, 1953. (As a little girl, I used to peer endlessly at the ceremony through my Viewmaster.) She wore the St. Edward's Crown, made for the coronation of Charles II in 1661.

Archived