A small Golden Snitch..

Goldkeeper

I am trying to post before my daughter get up..:hook

I have made a Golden Snitch (It's a small rubber ball inside) for my daughter's birthday coming up ..I am just stumped on what and how to make the wings :think ..any ideas?? I have silver thread but not thick enough ..:no .then I thought of wire :think I have never worked with wire before , is it easy ??

th_IMG_6207.jpg

th_IMG_6205.jpg

th_IMG_6203.jpg

if it's only what to use not how you could try holding the silver with a strand of white to make it thick enough? the silver will make it sparkle a little but the white will bulk it up. on my introduction thread i posted a pic of something i made with size 10 cream cotton, the highlights were done holding one strand of dmc/anchor embroidery floss

Hi shell,

I used shank of DMC 5 metallic pearl gold ..for the snitch..I can't seen to find it in silver ..But I do have silver in DMC filement thread..very thin I tried with size 30 white in crochet thread but still did not look right ..I was wondering if there are wings(plastic or metal) already made like buttons or for jewlery that I can sew to it ..It looks like I have to vist all those craft stores I don't like to go too ....:D

It is coming out real cute! Wnen I made the Golden Snitch Bookmark I had a similar problem....my threads were too fine, so I just crocheted by holding four strands of what I had together.....you could do the same!

Well I finished it :whew ..I will stick to making doilies from now on ..:yes .I found the thread in silver and I tried different sizes and this one worked the best..You know that I saw a picture of the snitch in one of the Harry Potter books and it looked like a fat hummingbird..:lol It had a beak :think

.th_IMG_6218.jpgth_IMG_6213.jpg th_IMG_6212.jpg

[/url]

Archived