Basic Tunisian Hat

cgd

I decided to try a Tunisian simple stitch hat using the pattern in the Getting Started with Easy Tunisian booklet. I added a single crochet edging. I have the 101 Tunisian Stitches book, but the TSS is the one I like to do the best.

47b6d632b3127cce8b86a30fcb8300000016108AaNHDNy4ZNz

Missmaggie, you can find a free basic hat pattern at www.chezcrochet.com. I think that one uses the Tunisian knit and purl stitches, but you can use whatever stitch you like. For this one, I just chained 25, worked TSS until the cap fit around my head (about 22"), then slip stitched the short ends together and gathered the top. Easy as pie!

TamKing, what yarn and Tunisian stitches do you normally use for baby hats? I just used good ol' Red Heart SS here as I was experimenting with an adult hat. But it turned out OK, and I like acrylic instead of wool due to itch issues, so I'm going to call it a keeper. I was going to use this color in an afghan, but when I got it home, it didn't go with the other colors the way I thought it would. The color is just called Gold, I think, will be a good fall color.

Archived