Looking for input on table runner project

Raquel

Hi all. Working on project from a free pattern and I'm looking for some input from y'all. It's Coats & Clark, "Snowdrop Table Runner." Strangely, I found this one:

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/HomeDec/LC1465+Pretty+Posies+Runner.htm

on their website, which is essentially the exact same pattern but in a different weight of yarn/thread with a different name!

Anyway, I have having the hardest time deciding what color to make this in. My bedroom is blues and white, so technically either will work, but I just wanted to get some opinions!

What do you think? Here's what I've got so far, in size 10 thread:

whiteorblue1.gif

Comments? Suggestions? I'm all ears...

Hugs,

Raquel

I don't know if you're like this: I find that solid colors "wear well" over the years. If I'm going to have something around for a long time, I don't want to tire of it. I'm one of those who tends towards that which feels timeless. Color combinations tend to be something of fashion, and fashions change.

And when making a decision, I often find that I realize what I truly like when confronted with that which I don't want, whether it's a color, or an opinion.

Good luck with your decision!

I personally prefer the blue and white mixture. It gives it a definate style. The white seems more " plane jane" sort of speak. I guess it would depend on exactly how much blue you have in your room. That's just my thoughts.:D

I like the colors; I am with Gran, the solids do wear well. Why not make 2 sets?:lol Then you would have 2 different ones for a change , the more the merrrie is what I say. :yes

I love the pattern. I think you are doing a very good job. PINKROSES

If you're planning the runner for a highly used area, the colored will do a better job covering up little dribbles of makeup or what have you inbetween washings. I agree with most everyone--like the colored, though the plain may be more "timeless".

Have been thinking some more about this. If one is a prolific crocheter and can envision multiple large projects for the same room, and such projects as redecorating or renovating are not daunting endeavors, then why not mix and match colors at will?

When I was in my teens and twenties, I thought mixing colors and patterns was definitely the thing to do. I travelled so much the next many years that decorating wasn't that important.

Now, I think about what I am willing to put my energy into and what I am willing to live with for a few decades. And timeless themes, patterns, and colors are the ones I prefer.

Wow! Thank you everyone for your input--you all definitely made me think this through a bit more.

For now, I'm going with the blue, mostly because I love blue and white together and will always have a room in my house that's blue and white, so I'm not so worried about re-decorating, etc. But I do like the idea of having one in white, too, eventually!

Geez. I've managed to talk myself into making two!

:rolleyes

Raquel

• 5 weeks later...

Archived