Where to purchase 2-5" dolls for cradle purses???

RachelG

I happily volunteered to post this for Brenda (one of our members

here) as she is having trouble starting a new thread.

Does anyone know where to find 2 to 5 inch dolls? They will be

used to put in cradle purses, like this:

http://irenecrafts.com/patterns/cradle_purse.htm

They used to be manufactured specifically for Wal*Mart, but

Wal*Mart quit carrying them.

Information as to where to get them (either from an online

company OR a store with buildings nationwide) would be greatly

appreciated. Thanks!

I wasn't sure where to put this...it may get moved to off-topic.

I just bought a few from Annie's Attic. After doing quite a bit of research which included both internet and local toy stores, these were the best I could find. They are soft vinyl and smell like baby powder (Berenguer brand) I love em and may have to buy more of these little cuties!

Only 2.99 a piece! (gee I sound like a commercial.. ha ha)

http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=17241

The 5 inch dolls from Annies Attic are called Lots of Love Babies. I saw them on Amazon a while ago but they were always back ordered. So I ordered mine from Annies Attic. You can check Toys R Us...mine only had the 8 inch when I went, but it's worth a shot.

I've used the Lots to Love babies from Annies Attic as well as the small ones from Walmart (they cost 99 cents). The ones from Annies Attic are my favorite. Very good quality, and yes, they smell great! I've also used little stuffed bear ornaments from Hobby Lobby. I just cut the loop off the top. Those wouldn't be good for small children though.

She can go to Toys R Us for the lots of love babies. They use to carry all the sizes. They were cheaper than Annie's attic and you did not have to pay shipping.

She can check that out till before she shops Annie's Attic and such on line.:hook

I use the 98 cent dolls at Wal-Mart too. I believe they are 6 inches, but I use that same pattern and the dolls fit just fine. However, both Wal-Marts in my area curently do not have the dolls out. They used to be sold in a big box on the doll aisle and you bought them individually (without a box.)

However, I dug through all the stuffed animals and managed to find some last week. If your friend does look in Wal-Mart, she may have to do a bit of hunting. I love those little dolls for all sorts of kids' projects, so I hope they plan to restock them.

Oh, just so you know what you're looking for, these dolls have an all cloth body (including hands and feet), wear a hat, and have a vinyl head.

craftsetc.com has kewpie dolls which I use for my annie's attic cradle purses. I use the 5" dolls, which are 1.99 each. However, I believe they have 3 different size kewpies. I think its 4", 5", or 6 ".

Anyway they are cheap, and REALLY cute, and shipping is timely.

If you get those dolls like the ones mentioned by richsgirl, do you have to also buy clothes for them? They come naked? I haven't ever bought dolls like this so I really don't know.

If you have to buy clothes - where do you get the clothes from?

They come naked. My Annie's attic cradle bassinett babies pattern comes with a bunch of clothes patterns for small baby dolls like this, so for me, it wasn't an issue. I am sure you could find free patterns on the web for baby dolls.

Archived